Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is my a petition I started this morning to ban main stream media and Associated Press from falsely listing mixed breed dogs as "Pit Bulls" without first having the dogs DNA tested or examined by the AKC or ASCPA!!
Please sign and share with everyone you know. Literally hundreds of thousands of these dogs are being killed every year because this hasn't been done yet. I beg you, please help. And share this with everyone you know. Please

http://www.change.org/petitions/all...ng-the-term-pit-bull-to-refer-to-mixed-breeds

-Donny Morrison

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
GREAT JOB!! on the follow through! I signed it and promote everyone to sign it if they share the belief the media wrongly uses the term Pit Bull on mixed breed dogs.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I think this is great! not to be debbie downer but my concern is that I have letters from the ADBA, the AKC and the UKC saying their conformation standards are NOT to be used for visual identification and the only way to identify a dog is through a tracked pedigree. there was a Maddie Shelter Study where 1,000 Vets, Rescue and expert were asked to identify the breeds of dogs, very few got it right. Everyone can have 5 opinions when a dog is mixed. Without proof of pedigree I would think all dogs should be labeled mutts, like you said. No visual ID anything by anyone should be allowed.Also, DNA testing doesn't test for the APBT, only the American Staffordshire Terrier. but lets say they are they same (for sake or argument) what percent would be then considered a pit bull? I have been told any dog with 1% 'pit bull' should be banned.

Not trying to start trouble, just trying to further the conversation and get thoughts on things I have encountered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts