Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a petition to get FOX News to do a segment on the truth about pitbulls. How they are not naturally aggressive and how with the proper respectful owners that make great pets for children and families. It's time we as respectful owners and breeders show the public the truth about these dogs instead of hiding behind the lies and being too scared to say anything in case Pits get banned in our area. Hiding isnt saving these dogs. Waiting untill there is a policy in place to ban the dogs is too late. We need to pull together now to help this breed of dog we all love so much.

PITBULL AWARENESS - Petition Spot

thank you for your support!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I Signed :)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I support it but the problem is the public will never except the real truth about the APBT. Not too many people can accept a dog bred for the traits this breed was bred for if you really want to look at the heart of things. Sure the human friendly aspect needs to be put out there as well as responsible ownership but i think on any front it would be a little naive to think the general public will ever openly accept a game dog or highly DA aspect of the breed.

Its a lose lose situation, if we do nothing BSL continues status quo, if we attempt to honestly (in all sense of the word) teach about the history and the breed itself we run the risk of causing even more headache than good. To ignore DA or the [] might shed some positive light on the breed however it gives a false impression and creates an even larger problem with well bred bulldogs being in the wrong hands.

While i support getting the truth out there its hard to say to what level we should begin to do so, we have to remember this breed was never intended for the average "joe" to own.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I totally agree KM. I understand that this breed was not meant for everyone back in the day, but current day and proper education goes a long way. You have to start somewhere right? There are so many pit and pit mixes out there dying daily that could go to homes that are educated and informed. At least we can fight to try and educate people on the truth. Then give them and informed decision and they can recognize if the breed works for them. Not educating the public about DA being breed into them and can come out at any time at any age seems just as careless. The problem is some advocates really believe its how they are raised in regards to DA, instead of the truth that it is always there. What "truth" is this petition wanting Fox to do a story on? And FOX news stinks, lol. I want to start one for CNN to do, lol.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
thats cool!..

Its easy for people to google "nanny dog" or The "nanny" dog......... and remind themsleves that until 1937, the imported bulldogs and American Pit Bull Terriers were the same thing, so until roughly 1955 the American Pit Bull Terrier, The American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier of England were the same dog. The truth is no one wants a man biting fighting dog... That these lil fighting champions were advertised in the police gazette and the newspapers, they were honored ... they were free as we were .. we were proud to be American.. No one fulfills the patriot acts of protest like they should; its our duty to uphold our freedom, government wants order and control, through dependancy.. forced dependancy..

:goodpost: goodthinkin to post this.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I support it but the problem is the public will never except the real truth about the APBT. Not too many people can accept a dog bred for the traits this breed was bred for if you really want to look at the heart of things. Sure the human friendly aspect needs to be put out there as well as responsible ownership but i think on any front it would be a little naive to think the general public will ever openly accept a game dog or highly DA aspect of the breed.

Its a lose lose situation, if we do nothing BSL continues status quo, if we attempt to honestly (in all sense of the word) teach about the history and the breed itself we run the risk of causing even more headache than good. To ignore DA or the [] might shed some positive light on the breed however it gives a false impression and creates an even larger problem with well bred bulldogs being in the wrong hands.

While i support getting the truth out there its hard to say to what level we should begin to do so, we have to remember this breed was never intended for the average "joe" to own.
Power of the dammmmmmm media! they use to praise the lil dog until it was most profitable to slander the bulldog thats real shame cause until WWII the APBT was the HERO mascot of the nation and noo one wanted to be a cur.. Now we want to coddle them lil curs and worthless bags of :poop: so it makes us feel more altruistic in our endeavors of destroying this planet through our ways of economics and consumption. THE NEWS and MEDIA should SPREAD the TRUTH.......... PERIOD! :flush: all the dumb :poop:!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wont be signing the fact is that the APBT is not for everyone a simple search of some of the questions that have been asked on this and other forums will tell you that many should not even own a dog much less an APBT while I am all for asking and learning the time to get the answers is before you get the dog. And I agree the the general public is ignorant to the true facts about the APBT and thats fine with me maybe it keeps a few more unprepared owners away froom the breed.

While I am against BSL from a civil rights stand point and the fact that they are ineffective to their intended purpose I do believe that they have actualy benefited the breed by simply keeping the number of owners AND BREEDERS down.

many may disagree with my opinions and thats fine, but you cant deny with the facts

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I wont be signing the fact is that the APBT is not for everyone a simple search of some of the questions that have been asked on this and other forums will tell you that many should not even own a dog much less an APBT while I am all for asking and learning the time to get the answers is before you get the dog. And I agree the the general public is ignorant to the true facts about the APBT and thats fine with me maybe it keeps a few more unprepared owners away froom the breed.

While I am against BSL from a civil rights stand point and the fact that they are ineffective to their intended purpose I do believe that they have actualy benefited the breed by simply keeping the number of owners AND BREEDERS down.

many may disagree with my opinions and thats fine, but you cant deny with the facts
Hahaha! I actually agree with this! :goodpost:

I am sorry I am going to get nailed for this one but pet bull owners are the ones ruining this breed. The ones who claim to be fighting hard for the breed are the same ones taking their pit bulls to dog parks letting them loose around other dogs. Working so hard to save the face of this breed in the public eye when all they are really doing is ruining it little by little proving to the public and the media they have no clue about the breed and what it really takes to own and preserve these dogs responsibly all while keeping them safe actions speak much louder than words.

I honestly feel that the less people who own these dogs and know these dogs exist the better of the breed will be in the long run.

Good intentions pave the road to hell....

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I think that's the point, to get those facts out there that they are a great breed to have and not for everyone. That's all what the truth is. But like I said above, I just don't know who's "truth" they will be telling.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
The funny thing is pre 1976 there were pits running lose all the time and no one got bit by those REAL fighting dogs... and EVERYONE HAD THEM!

So WTF? Ignorant is absolutely right.. People have become dependantly ignorant and dont want the responsiblity of self accountablity!

Sorry... Gotten real synical over the last week reading all the HSUS and BSL crap!

HOWEVER ! PEOPLE!! THE LAWS ON OUR SIDE!!!

Supreme court dis bans dogfighting videos and Oklahoma supreme court kicked BSL out of Oklahoma basically with that final judgement..

I dont believe everyone needs a fastlane dog, however I do believe most people could use a working bulldog if they have a house and and yard and are active people who carry the same traits as these outstanding dogs. Fastlane dogs and Working dogs are of each other however fastlane dogs are the ones that are the extreme .. they are either completely sound until put in the [] theres NO DA ever.. then theres the non stop fireball full of DA and GO... Definitely not for everyone.....

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
If I hear one more story from some loving pit bull owner who tells the world how loving their dogs/this breed are and would never bite anyone or anything then their dog kills an innocent poodle in a dog park I am going to scream. These media outlets are tired of hearing the same crap from every pet bull owner under the sun oh it's not the dogs it's the owners. Blah Blah Blah. But how many of these owners really truly understand what they own, accept the breeds genetics and are not living in la la land when it comes to caring for these dogs? Very very few... It really does no good for the breed to get out and preach to the choir if your not living by what you preach!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Hahaha! I actually agree with this! :goodpost:

I am sorry I am going to get nailed for this one but pet bull owners are the ones ruining this breed. The ones who claim to be fighting hard for the breed are the same ones taking their pit bulls to dog parks letting them loose around other dogs. Working so hard to save the face of this breed in the public eye when all they are really doing is ruining it little by little proving to the public and the media they have no clue about the breed and what it really takes to own and preserve these dogs responsibly all while keeping them safe actions speak much louder than words.

I honestly feel that the less people who own these dogs and know these dogs exist the better of the breed will be in the long run.

Good intentions pave the road to hell....
If I hear one more story from some loving pit bull owner who tells the world how loving their dogs/this breed are and would never bite anyone or anything then their dog kills an innocent poodle in a dog park I am going to scream. These media outlets are tired of hearing the same crap from every pet bull owner under the sun oh it's not the dogs it's the owners. Blah Blah Blah. But how many of these owners really truly understand what they own, accept the breeds genetics and are not living in la la land when it comes to caring for these dogs? Very very few... It really does no good for the breed to get out and preach to the choir if your not living by what you preach!
I actually agree with these two posts and I'm a "petbull" owner.lol.I reckon the main difference I see between myself and the typical petbull owner is that I know where my dogs came from and I respect the hell out of it.And I'm trying my damnest to learn even more and hope to hell I do right by these dogs.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I guess what I am trying to say is if you want the media and public to take the breed seriously and learn the truth about the breed owners need to start living up to the expectations of responsible ownership. Not just owning a breed that is selectively Da and bred to fight but actually caring for their dogs as they were bred to be. And the truth is most people who own these dogs don't even have a freaking clue about what they really own and yet they want to preach to the public how these dogs really are? Actions speak louder then words the only way the media or the public will ever take anything we say seriously is when APBT owners get their heads out of their arse's and start doing right by these dogs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
:goodpost:

I totally agree with you.. I love the: "My princess has never had any issues with any other animals or my cat!" (as the dog is being confiscated for mauling 3 small dogs):mad:

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I guess what I am trying to say is if you want the media and public to take the breed seriously and learn the truth about the breed owners need to start living up to the expectations of responsible ownership. Not just owning a breed that is selectively Da and bred to fight but actually caring for their dogs as they were bred to be. And the truth is most people who own these dogs don't even have a freaking clue about what they really own and yet they want to preach to the public how these dogs really are? Actions speak louder then words the only way the media or the public will ever take anything we say seriously is when APBT owners get their heads out of their arse's and start doing right by these dogs.
true true.That's why I'm trying to learn as much as I can to better prepare myself before getting a real apbt.Definitely tired of these lazy dogs.lol

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Dixie I heard on the radio a few months ago some media interview they were doing about pit bull's in the Atlanta area after a few attacks. And you want to know what the lady giving the interview said? Well every pit bull owner I speak to always says the same thing my dog would never hurt anyone they are the best dogs ever until they attack someone or their pet! Now I HATE what the media does to our breed but can you blame them? They are only going off of what they are seeing time and time again. Yet these so called loving responsible pet bull owners still continue to let their dogs off the leash in a dog park, or in their yard! Or they let their dogs alone with small kids, or they know they have unstable dogs and they do nothing about it to secure those dogs or put them down! I don't blame the media because if APBT owner's didn't give them something to write about they would have nothing to say! There are just way too many uninformed APBT owners out there who don't need to own these dogs let alone breed them.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Dixie I heard on the radio a few months ago some media interview they were doing about pit bull's in the Atlanta area after a few attacks. And you want to know what the lady giving the interview said? Well every pit bull owner I speak to always says the same thing my dog would never hurt anyone they are the best dogs ever until they attack someone or their pet! Now I HATE what the media does to our breed but can you blame them? They are only going off of what they are seeing time and time again. Yet these so called loving responsible pet bull owners still continue to let their dogs off the leash in a dog park, or in their yard! Or they let their dogs alone with small kids, or they know they have unstable dogs and they do nothing about it to secure those dogs or put them down! I don't blame the media because if APBT owner's didn't give them something to write about they would have nothing to say! There are just way too many uninformed APBT owners out there who don't need to own these dogs let alone breed them.
You won't get any arguement from me on this subject.Every single person that I know,aside from the people on here,that own apbt's should not own them.Even the ones that own the mixes.My sister is included in that.Hell when I first got Pretty Girl I shouldn't have even owned one.I was completely ignorant of the breed and what it takes to own one responsibly.But now that I've had them and have been learning about them,I'm hooked.I have never been as passionate about a breed of dog as I am about the apbt.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Absolutely Pet bull and pet bull/APBT mixes are ruining this breed. I know i'll step onto many toes and here but pet bulls are nonsense. I'm sorry but why? There are plenty of breeds out there that lack the drive of the APBT though show similar physical characteristics to chose from. Breeding this breed as just pets is ridiculous and causing a major problem.. Lacking the drive but DA is still in the genes which after 4 years of playing with x amount of dogs OH NO! It happens. Unprepared and unwilling to face the truth.
Now i realize i even own two dogs that are mixed with APBT and generally i do not approve of this. I know what i have and they are eager to work and that to me is an exception to what i have always said. If you are cross breeding to either further improve working traits or for work period, while there does need to be a strong force behind it to me i can approve of this. Especially if you are adding the drive of a [] dog to a working line because it can be highly beneficial if done properly and in the right hands. What i am strongly against are people just throwing a pet bull and some random dog together and calling it a fancy name or claiming it to be a type of bandogge or what have you is, that is straight wrong.

The APBT is an eager to please dog with a clear motive. Sound, confident, game traits, stable, no HA, etc. Why ruin such a great thing by creating these pet bulls, pitterstaffs and everything else that has no purpose other than just being a good ole pet. If you want a loyal friendly pet go to a shelter, rescue, etc. Thousands to chose from, 5lbs to well over 100lbs your bound to find a loyal companion. These dogs are much more than just companions and it should be kept that way. If no [] work them as they will excel, be responsible.

I cant stand how people will talk down on someone buying a dog from a BYB yet all their dogs are either from BYB or bought from a breeder breeding these pet bulls. Now i'm not pointing fingers at anyone here, we all have made mistakes and we all have learned. I'm speaking the broad picture. People we meet, etc. Same difference if you ask me.

Do i get heated on this subject? Absolutely because im passionate about keeping intact the few remaining stable working dogs we have left. It aggravates me to no end what breeders, buyers, AKC, UKC and other regs are doing to these dogs.

Want to talk about petitions, BSL, etc? Look who goes to these meetings. Its all the pet bull owners claiming their dog would never ever wever hurt a fly and that this is horrible because their dogs are the most gentle dogs ever. Guess what your dog will kill anything on 4 legs if given the opportunity, deal with it. Facts? Please, very few people i have seen over the years deliver facts when it comes to BSL or completely hide DA which continues the vicious cycle. The very few people that stand up and accurately talk about the breed gets shut down thanks to all the media, PETA hippies extremist that cant accept the fact dogs can come from a [] history, DA remaining (or even gameness) in the gene pool and still have a good dog that should not be HA or tolerated.

Seriously. Want to fix the problem? All these breeds that have APBT in any stage need to be separated from the breed fully. It needs to be known that all these breeds are not one, the breed is not a 60 to 80 pound giant. We need to stop these breeders breeding pet bulls and throwing puppies first chance they get, same color breedings etc. There needs to be a LOT done within the community of doggers before we even begin to attempt fully educating the general public.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts