Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm getting an xl American bully puppy next year and I wanted to know what the best food I can give from Petsmart I know a lot of people say Victor but none of the stores around me have Victor in their stores the only close to me is Petsmart and I want to know what is the best food for Petsmart to give to my new puppy.

· Administrator
4,874 Posts
I live by the old adage to feed the dog in front of you. My current dogs are eating American Journey from Chewy rotating out with Forza10, but they both started with Pro Plan Puppy. Last two dogs were prey model raw and Victor. Dog before that was Taste of the Wild. Every dog is different. The pet shops usually line the shelves in order of quality and price. So don't start from the Purina Isle, hit somewhere in the middle and find what fits your budget. Make sure you transition slowly from what the breeder is feeding.

· Registered
96 Posts
I live by the old adage to feed the dog in front of you. My current dogs are eating American Journey from Chewy rotating out with Forza10, but they both started with Pro Plan Puppy. Last two dogs were prey model raw and Victor. Dog before that was Taste of the Wild. Every dog is different. The pet shops usually line the shelves in order of quality and price. So don't start from the Purina Isle, hit somewhere in the middle and find what fits your budget. Make sure you transition slowly from what the breeder is feeding.
I agree wholeheartedly with EckoMac. I have three dogs and they thrive on different things. Thankfully my boys are pretty successful and happy on everything but my girl is a bit more picky. She has shifted us over to Eukanuba which isn't necessarily something I would have picked if we hadn't been hunting down good foods for her. I've fed raw and a whole LOAD of different kibbles. I know tons of folks who do great on Victor. My own dogs (just my boys at the time) acted like cracked out kids on too much sugar the one and only time I tried Victor. I could not get rid of that bag fast enough and have never tried it again. So ya, ask your breeder what they are feeding and start there. If you can't get that look for something with similar fat/protein ratios and ingredients, and then play around with it. You just never know what is going to suit your dog.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts