Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back in June Cali Lost part of her tail { maybe an inch just the tip} it has healed well and luckly it was a clean cut no breaks in another spot or anything. Well up until this past week she has been fine. Latley though she now crys if we touch her tail but only if its cold like when she comes in the house from being outside for a while. And its not just a whimper its to where she turns around and nudges our hand away like dont touch. Question is has anyone had this happened I know a couple of you said your dogs have lost tail tips in the past ect , is this maybe a circulation problem ? can they get phantom pains like you see in amputees? i know its just a tip but ya never know, or is this something I should bring up to the vet? Once her tail has warmed up she is fine i can touch it and play with it and she doesnt care. this has happened almost daily since the weather got cold...

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
She could have pain because of the cold. I have damage to my hand from a dog fight and when it gets cold it makes my hand hurt. My back pain and Knee pain also get worse in the cold months.

Reactions: KMdogs

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
I agree w Holly on the cold weather.

If you feel you need to go to the vet you can, but be prepared to pay 500-1000 and still have no clue what's going on w her.

Good luck Angel

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
She could have pain because of the cold. I have damage to my hand from a dog fight and when it gets cold it makes my hand hurt. My back pain and Knee pain also get worse in the cold months.
:goodpost: I also agree with this so long as its only during the cold vs random or all weather. I have some old injuries as well that from time to time act up when it gets really cold at night and in the early morning hours. Best thing i could say is just try and ensure Cali is warm, especially with the tail issue and see how that goes. If you know shes warm (including her tail of course) and it doesn't bother her you'll just have to try and take extra measures going into winter. If its still bothering her you could go to to the vet but if it were me i'd hold off until exhausting every possibility..

The most i see a vet doing is a bunch of useless tests that come back negative and giving pain medication.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya i agree with you guys at 1st when she screamed I though maybe she reinjured her tail or maybe was broken but i cant find any swelling or lump to prove that and once her tail warms up there doesnt seem to be any pain. We just try and not keep her out long anymore. wonder if I can put anything on it lol like a sweater for a tail { im sure she would destroy anything i tried to put on LOL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts