Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to start not crating Conner when we leave. Today I was gone about an hour and a half, all was well when I got home.
My biggest concern is when he plays with Pheobe, they really get crazy!
Glad my rabbits are chill with all of it.
Will work up the time over the next week or so and hopefully be crate free, except for meals, by August. Then he can sleep in the bedroom!

·
Administrator
4,798 Posts
Leaving a bull unattended with other animals is like playing Russian Roulette with 5 bullets. Just warning you now. They can seem great and have no aggression issues until one day you walk out of the shower to a dead little dog or you come home from the grocery to a blood bath. I prefer the better safe than sorry method.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well nurtz!
Thought I was making progress.
Guess we'll just work on night time crate free then. He was in there an extra hour yesterday, destroyed the crate mat (needed replaced anyhow). Hope that doesn't become habit.😊
I've heard it both ways, but will take your word for it then.

·
Administrator
5,640 Posts
My two get along great although when they rough play Ranger just doesn't know when to stop. Being a puppy, he may learn and neutering him may help a little. That being said, I would never leave them unattended together. If I have to leave and no one else is home, one of them is going in the crate. Right now, it's Ranger but I sometimes close the crate door on Athena just so Ranger leaves her alone for a while. Ounce of prevention routine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts