Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
You got a kitten for your dog? Had your dog been around cats before?

I'm not sure there will be much feedback on cat leash training on a dog forum. But you should start getting the kitten used to the feel of the harness while he is young.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
I slightly over exaggerate my mutts but dont let em get on another animal....

My first "apbt" my mom has. Hes adba papered but idk his bloodlines. I knew I got a "papered pit" for $250 at 17.... that sob is absolutely crazy (we've tried to kill each ither more than once).... he "plays" with cats by pulling their legs out from under them as they walk away until hes bored. Then bye bye kitty....

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Hey I was trying to see where he was coming from lol. Unfortunately I couldn't. All of my dogs are friendly and loving but the majority of them would eat a cat for lunch. I mean several of them eat snapping turtles and I would think cats would fight less lol.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
What is it welder says? "If you want sugar coating buy a candy bar"? .... I dont try to see where things like this come from..... I want to know what a pibble is though. Ive heard it 2x. Once from a friend on here and now.... what it be yo?

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
What is it welder says? "If you want sugar coating buy a candy bar"? .... I dont try to see where things like this come from..... I want to know what a pibble is though. Ive heard it 2x. Once from a friend on here and now.... what it be yo?
Have you ever seen "bubble boy"?? A "pibble" is a dog of unknown lineage usually adopted from a shelter that has a short coat, blocky head, thick bone structure, often times blue in color that has been stuck in a proverbial bubble of rainbows and glitter where they happily stroll the dog park, play with kittens and bunnies, and babysit kids.

·
Banned
5,496 Posts
Have you ever seen "bubble boy"?? A "pibble" is a dog of unknown lineage usually adopted from a shelter that has a short coat, blocky head, thick bone structure, often times blue in color that has been stuck in a proverbial bubble of rainbows and glitter where they happily stroll the dog park, play with kittens and bunnies, and babysit kids.

Omg I died..... like "bubble boy" the movie with that fruity cowboy spiderman dude? Gonna have to netflix that joint again lol.

So its a cutesy name for them there "pittymabulls" huh?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think I'd ever buy a cat for my dog personally... I've only had one dog of many who got along with cats and that was my german rottweiler named Buddy. He would go ape shit and attack any human if he had the chance but would sleep with the damn cat...

Luckily now I have an Egyptian Mau so Tex has no chance in hell of catching him lol, still I would rethink your cat/dog situation.

·
Silver VIP Member
1,069 Posts
Dogs peacefully coexist with cats all the time.. sheesh.
Just supervise them when together, never leave them alone together. I suggest investing in a crate for the dog.
I don't know about walking the cat o_O
Some cats like it, other cats don't. It will take time and patience to see if yours does.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dogs peacefully coexist with cats all the time.. sheesh.
Just supervise them when together, never leave them alone together. I suggest investing in a crate for the dog.
I don't know about walking the cat o_O
Some cats like it, other cats don't. It will take time and patience to see if yours does.
Good luck :)
I've heard of certain breeds enjoying walking on a leash more than others. I could only image the looks you'd get :p

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Hey now, dogs can have kitty friends too, it just depends on the dog. Old Virgil had a kitty friend too ;)

Putting a cat in a harness and taking it for a walk with the dog sounds unrealistic unless its a breed like a bangel or a hybrid that's easily trainable. But as others said don't leave them unsupervised.

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
Hey now, dogs can have kitty friends too, it just depends on the dog. Old Virgil had a kitty friend too ;)

Putting a cat in a harness and taking it for a walk with the dog sounds unrealistic unless its a breed like a bangel or a hybrid that's easily trainable. But as others said don't leave them unsupervised.
Oh ya I'm all for that. I've had cats in the house and the dogs I had at the time got along with them just fine. I feel the same way though about getting a puppy for your dog. Most dogs don't need animal friends they need the attention of their human. The post didn't say I got a cat and I'm hoping that they can live together in harmony. The post said the got a cat for their dog.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts