Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with either.. if so.... if you don't mind posting pics!
How was it?
how long till they posted right?
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I used mole skin to help with a couple of mine , they stood fine but the tips curled a bit so I used to mole skin to help that. Worked great. They stayed on I think we did it for about a month . you have to make sure you cut it accurate or they can bug them and then they sit and shake and paw at them until they rip them off. make sure you double up the mole skin , makes it a bit more sturdy then just a single layer. There is a post on here on how to apply it properly if you use the search bar at the top. I think there are pictures in that thread as well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used mole skin to help with a couple of mine , they stood fine but the tips curled a bit so I used to mole skin to help that. Worked great. They stayed on I think we did it for about a month . you have to make sure you cut it accurate or they can bug them and then they sit and shake and paw at them until they rip them off. make sure you double up the mole skin , makes it a bit more sturdy then just a single layer. There is a post on here on how to apply it properly if you use the search bar at the top. I think there are pictures in that thread as well.
That post is where I got the idea from lol.
But I noticed most great Danes used pipe foam and I figured they have the hardest ears to post so it must be the best in terms of how well they post and turn out.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I just get really short crops and don't worry about taping. I've never had to tape any of my dog's ears. Dobermans and Danes ears are usually a much longer crop than a bully or a pit bull type dog should have.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just get really short crops and don't worry about taping. I've never had to tape any of my dog's ears. Dobermans and Danes ears are usually a much longer crop than a bully or a pit bull type dog should have.
yeah she has a medium crop. they stand fine right now but i want them perfect!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts