Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pit bull saves family's life

FAIRMONT -- Rufus the hero.

Amber Barse said her 6-month-old pit bull mix saved her life and the life of her boyfriend by alerting them to a Sunday morning fire at Barse's apartment near Fairmont.

The dog started barking at about 5 a.m., waking the couple from a deep slumber.

The boyfriend, Cam Myles, fought off the blaze with a fire extinguisher long enough for Barse to get Rufus, a cat and two ferrets outside.

A family who lived in a ground-level apartment also made it out safely.

Though Barse lost just about everything in the fire, she said she's thankful to be alive and that all of her pets are safe.

"If we didn't have that dog, we'd be dead,'' her boyfriend said.

On Sunday night, they showered Rufus with treats, praise and a trip to a pet supply store.
It "was pretty much Christmas for him,'' Myles said.

The cause of the fire has not been determined, but fire officials think it was accidental and may have been related to a gas heater.

http://www.dailymail.com/story/News/+/200702212/Pit+bull+saves+family's+life

crossposted bsl workshop

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
:cheers: Good boy Rufus!!!!!

We need to see alot more good news about these wonderful animals. Thanks for posting them Judy.:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rufus the hero

Hello:

Rufus is my daughter's pit mix and I am so very glad that she rescued this precious pup three months ago from being abused. Rufus is a great dog and I must say is truly enjoying himself. He is staying with my daughter at the Red Roof Inn in Fairmont, WV and has settled in just nicely. When she has him in the lobby and he sees anyone, he thinks they came to the motel just to see him. He is a goofy dog and a sweetheart.

Let alone, the fact that if it weren't for Rufus, my daughter and Cam would not be here today or severe injured.

I am so glad that the Dominion Post took my tip for a story and put in that he is a pit. It has been in several papers.

It is so good to see that this "killer" - the only thing he kills is his rope toy - Amber got him a new one Sunday night and he has it all over the motel room.

GO RUFUS

Thanks

Sandy Barse

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
I'm so glad that everything worked out the way that it did. I hope that they are able to replace everything and find a new place real soon.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sandy,

I too am also glad they mentioned that he is a pit bull, since there has been just so much negative press about the breed.

I am sorry your daughter lost everything, but so glad everyone made it out ok!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts