Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We don't normally get articles like this here, but I came across this and thought I'd share.

By Jan Runions, Tribune Correspondent
Citizen Tribune
12/11/2010 8:31:16 PM

A white pit bull mix allegedly attacked another dog Wednesday morning in the North Easley and Ivy Street area.

Morristown police and Hamblen County Animal Control responded to the call at approximately 7:30 a.m. on the report of a dog running at large.

The pit bull mix apparently had gotten out of a fence and was spotted covered in blood while walking down the street carrying another dog in its mouth.

"The police and I looked, but could not find the other dog that this dog attacked," Chris Collins, director of the Morristown-Hamblen Humane Society and head of animal control, said.

The dog is being kept at the shelter.

"Pit bulls are animal aggressive, not people aggressive, this dog was very friendly with me," Collins noted.

The owner of the dog had not returned home at the time of the incident. It is unclear at how the dog got loose.

Collins also explained that Morristown does not have a leash law, but does have a control law.

"Most people think there is a leash law in town, but if a dog at large, not controlled and wandering down a public street, or on another person's property, the dog is considered not being controlled," Collins said.

The dog owner could be facing charges of dog running at large and no rabies tags over this morning's incident.

The case is still under investigation at this time, according to Collins

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Thanks mah, at least the AC officer even said that the dog was nice to him , they aren't supposed to be HA, well said Mr. Collins. Thanks for posting this

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've personally worked with Chris at the shelter and he's a cool, down to earth guy. Some of the other folks are a little uptight, but they all recognize this breed for what it is, not for the monster the media makes them out to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts