Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, talk about stereotyping......apparently pit bulls tattoo's and piercings go together like peanut butter and jelly and I've been asked why that is?? Why don't I personally have tattoo's I've been asked :confused: "don't you own a pit" :mad: LOL! Really, I say.....are you that ignorant!?!?!?! Actually I have my nose pierced but don't really wear a nose ring often and I do have a tattoo but it's on the top of my foot so you can't see it! WTF is wrong with people LOL! I have been asked this about a half dozen times over the past year I've had Bella. I was even told by a family member when they found out I was getting my first tattoo "oh, now you have a pit bull so you need a tattoo"... "All the scumbags that own that breed look like trash :mad:" Well, apparently I'm trash then LOL! Needless to say it was a cousin of mine who thankfully I don't see often and don't ever really care to again. I told him off with some choice words I can't say here so I will leave you to your imagination :curse: Some of the things people say kind of makes me wonder if they were taught the old "think before you speak" or "if you have nothing nice to say...don't say it at all"!!!! :snap:

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have a shaved head, both arms covered in tats....

i have an APBT

single dad of my 6ft 3 son (16 yrs old)

most of my closest friends are girls

i may intimidate by looks but in 5 min anyone will fall in love with my personality

.....life is too short to worry about idiots.....so i say...keep grazing dummies

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a shaved head, both arms covered in tats....

i have an APBT

single dad of my 6ft 3 son (16 yrs old)

most of my closest friends are girls

i may intimidate by looks but in 5 min anyone will fall in love with my personality

.....life is too short to worry about idiots.....so i say...keep grazing dummies
:thumbsup::goodpost:

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
I do have tattoos and piercings though. :roll:

Stereotypes are lame. I don't really take them to heart.
Just smile and nod. That's what I do. They eventually realize you aren't listening to them anymore and walk away. :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Tattoos and piercings are awesome so of course they follow suit with an awesome breed!

Bully breed and big dog owners do tend to have piercings and or tats, but that is due to the kind of people that own large dogs. It is a personality thing and not a rebellion thing and people seem to think tats and piercings are. We tend to be more outgoing people in general....

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tattoos and piercings are awesome so of course they follow suit with an awesome breed!

Bully breed and big dog owners do tend to have piercings and or tats, but that is due to the kind of people that own large dogs. It is a personality thing and not a rebellion thing and people seem to think tats and piercings are. We tend to be more outgoing people in general....
Totally agree! Guess it would also be weird seeing a clean cut biker riding a Harley Davidson :roll: you don't see alot of bikers without tats lol!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
I totally wish lots of people would just speak their mind though, cause the quiet ones you gotta watch out for, you never have any clue where their head is at or how they feel til its too late, lol. But yeah, some people have NO FILTER and it sad just how many...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a full sleeve on my left arm, half sleeve on right, and both legs. I walked into the vets office with my dog and he sits next to me while I wait on the lady at the desk to finish talking to a lady who has a small dog of some type. The lady looks back at me then my dog. She turns her nose up and pulls her dog as close as she can and mutters something under her breath. I just chuckle and wait. As she is leaving her little dog growls and lunges at mine. He just looked at the dog like it was crazy then up at me. I looked at the lady then pulled my dog as close as I could and told him he better stay away from that rude mean dog and then turned my nose up at the lady. The lady behind the counter who I know well just laughed.

The stereotype is ridiculous and had the lady really known I have been a police officer for 10 years, I pay property taxes and everything just like everyone else. I laugh it off most of the time, but it does get hard to bite your tongue.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I have tattoos and piercings both of which I had before I had a pit bull and I've owned these dogs for 11 years now.
Ditto. I used to have my lip pierced, I have 4 tats and I am looking to get more, many more! I had all of that before I ever gave a pit bull a second thought. In fact, I didn't know anything about pit bulls until I met my husband when I was 19 and his 9 month old pit mix (our dearly departed dog Brutus).

I am a tattooed, pit bull loving accountant and damn proud of it!

Side note: my new boss is a CPA and has a pit mix. Pit bulls and math nerds of the world unite! ;)

Reactions: ames

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Side note: my new boss is a CPA and has a pit mix. Pit bulls and math nerds of the world unite! ;)
LOL! I've had my nose pierced and ear cartilage pierced for years way back when I had GSD's but I never knew what I wanted for a tattoo so I always put it off and just never got around to getting one. Now that my sister in laws brother is an artist I finally got my first oneon the top of my foot last year and it was just a coincidence that I also got my first pit then to LOL! I'm getting my second one in a couple of weeks :D I could careless what people think :angeldevi

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
be careful.... if u think pit bulls are addicting ......next thing u know BAM....u are knee deep min ink lol
:rofl: :D..

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
be careful.... if u think pit bulls are addicting ......next thing u know BAM....u are knee deep min ink lol
Lol! That's what I hear! Doesn't help that I have a tattoo artist in the family and will come to my house when I want ink :D plus I pay a whole lot less than I would at a shop ;)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
u know u are hooked when u miss the sting of the needle......just remember those words lol.....

do we have a tat thread???
Yeah, there's a tat thread in the lounge area of the forum. How's about for a first time I get one on the top of my foot? Lol! I've had two tattoo artists tell me I was nuts and would never get one themselves there. I wanted to feel the pain and didn't flinch. I say bring it on :D

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
my ex wife...god rest her soul (she aint dead...i just cant stand her lol) did some bible passage on top of hers.....needle on bone is gnarly
Lol! I got a full branch of japanese cherry blossoms down my foot in full color so its pretty big. Needle on bone tickles :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I have mine around my ankle (no sweat), my lower back (tramp stamp, yeah-yeah...i was 18, but it's a tiger so still awesome), and my upper back (center) and left shoulder blade. The two on my upper back hurt the worst, the one in the center I felt in my fingertips.

I want more, my next one might be a cherry blossom tree going down the side of my rib cage. The location I am sure of, but not sure on tree yet. I usually give my tats a few years of thought before going for it. It's been six years since my last one though so I am due!

Once you get past the outline it's usually smooth sailing, at least for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts