Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
you mean like a smile or like a bloodline?

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
I've seen all sorts of dogs things like that. Also seen some dogs that just look happy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I just adopted a pitbull and he does it, and when he does his tail is going a million miles a second and he is licking the persons hand and he is happy...but some people think that he is snarling at them when he isn't..he is a really happy guy and very friendly. I have read that some pits will do this but wanted to ask you guys if this was "normal".

Thanks for the responses...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
yeah I think they totally smile. Maybe its cause they are breathing heavy lol maybe they are really smiling. jersey your talking about the wiggle butt, lol. oh, be prepared for the zoomies! unexpected, uncontrollable running around like a crazy dog and you worry your nose may get broken or a knee cap from all the excitement, lol. These pups rock :) How can you not smile when they are so happy to be there with you!

·
Registered
274 Posts
smile...more like an Elvis kinda picks up one side of their top lip...
I would love to see a pic of this. Lol. :roll::roll::roll: My boy only does the ear to ear kind. Anything else is restricted and/ or limited to Koda during playtime

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Growing up my family had a dog that smiled like how you described... She would pull up her top lip and you would see teeth. Lol! It was always when we got home. Her tail would be wagging and you'd see the teeth! Haha! Wish I could dig up a pic!

·
Super Moderator
4,593 Posts
Our Chihuahua does what we call "grillin'" She drops her bottom lip so you can see her crooked bottom teeth. She does it to "smile". LOL! She's a mess. Smiling dogs are very funny.
Pics are def in order for this Elvis curl. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Coach that is exactly what he does, it is always when I am getting home and he is coming over to greet me...I will have to take a picture if I can..he doesn't hold it for long.

Ames I have already experienced the wiggle butt and tail of death with Al..he is the happiest dog and just loves people he does the crazy running around like a maniac and loves to body check the other dogs when he does...I just love him and his antics....he does something every day to make me smile.

Thanks for all the responses...you guys ROCK!!!!

·
Registered
962 Posts
Jackie (the one on the right) likes to sport her "smile". She is a mix but this is the closest to a grin I have ever seen besides a full "bully smile".

we usually see this face when she has either done something wrong (submissive) or when she is confused :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
awww Jackie is adorable...love that smile. Al actually lifts his lip and shows teeth...I will try to get a picture of him when he does it...

·
Registered
114 Posts
My frenchie/eskie mix does this....lifts his nose so you can see teeth. He usually sneezes when he does it, and yeah, it's a smile! :)

It can look a little intimidating when a dog you don't know well does it. We had a couple of patients who did this. One was a shepherd, the other a dalmation. It took me a while to realize that they were definitely smiling, and not showing teeth!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes CC that is what he does...and I am sure that I will need to tell people that he is smiling...thanks so much!!!!

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Haha! Yes she would always sneeze too! Lol. I read somewhere that the dog is so excited and nervous at the same time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Coach,

that could be the issue to...I know he is excited but he may also be nervous..we have only had him a little over a week...so it maybe nerves along with being excited...either way...I think its cute...

·
Registered
635 Posts
lol this reminds me of what my girl does...when she gets in trouble she puts her head up and lifts her upper lip....like shes back talking me...it amuses me to no end lol i need to get a video of it

1 - 20 of 21 Posts