Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i love pits last i owned was a mix from fl what I'm trying to do is track the different lineages (bloodlines) that are still around seems depending the lineage depicts looks and disposition of the dog if any one can help i would appreciate any that is given
thank you
shain

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Man that is a huge question and task. There are DOZENS AND DOZENS of lines and strains. It really depends on what you want and why. What size? For what purpose etc.

Also do you have some in mind already. Are you just looking for game dogs, bully dogs, working dogs, show dogs or just companion?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what I'm looking for is a short but deep wide chested pit it doesn't have to be super big i mean if its only 35 lbs its fine but it has to look and work like its 10x its size in strength i only know old game dogs from the old daysand thats only from my grandfathers old stories
i want one for farm dog pushing cattle and other livestock to work with the red heeler i already have but my dogs are always family companions more than anything

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Sounds to me like you need a true game bred dog. The only problem being it has to work with your heeler and not kill it! That said look into the old lines such as the Jeep/Redboy Crosses or Eli, Carver, Bolio, crosses. These will all be game so you might look for something that has been outcrossed and not real tightly bred. You should still get the drive you are looking for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts