Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm about to adopt a 2 months old pit mix puppy. His mum is clearly a pit mix, with black brindle coat, but her muzzle is a bit longer than a pit's one. His father is unknown.
Some of his brothers look like her, and some look a bit more like a pit (i think).To me, he really looks a lot like a red nose pitbull (so i though that's what the dad could have been). But i was wondering, since I'm not really a pitbull expert, do his ears look too "labrador type" for a pit? Or you think he'll grow into them? I'm just really curious. And do you think his eyes will get brown?
What mix does he look to you?
Here are some pics of him and his mom and brothers
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...25836279502.2035094.1036887410&type=3&theater
https://www.facebook.com/sabina.van...2930.1073741831.1036887410&type=3&pnref=story

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Cute pups! Eye color changes as they get older. So don;t ears. Sometimes they stick up sometimes they do not. Since the dogs are mixes of different breeds you will never have any idea what breed they are. Red nose is just the color of a dogs nose, not a breed of dog. So a red nose pit bull is just a dog that looks like it could be a pit bull that happens to have a red nose. They also have black nose or brown noses, they come in many colors. There is no way to go off appearance and tell what breed a dog is, it is just guesses, unless you know how the dog was bred.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cute pups! Eye color changes as they get older. So don;t ears. Sometimes they stick up sometimes they do not. Since the dogs are mixes of different breeds you will never have any idea what breed they are. Red nose is just the color of a dogs nose, not a breed of dog. So a red nose pit bull is just a dog that looks like it could be a pit bull that happens to have a red nose. They also have black nose or brown noses, they come in many colors. There is no way to go off appearance and tell what breed a dog is, it is just guesses, unless you know how the dog was bred.
I know that I can't know the breeds of the pup. I was just wondering if he's gonna turn out looking like a pitbull type dog, or more like a labrador/hound:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts