Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i went out to inspect a 12 acre property on the outskirts of a growing coastal town. Currently im renting in an inner suburb of Sydney. Im not accostomed to rural living but i can know a good investment when i see one and so keeping my options open. Anyway. So iv gone to see this place, very beautiful. Nice and green, plenty of banana, mango, and avacado trees, fresh water streaming down a channel from the mountains into a creek, quite a bit of flat land.

The land is also habitat to 4 of Australias deadliest snakes, including the Tiapan, King Brown, Black, and Red Belly Black snakes. Add to that wild Bull Arabs (an Australian hunting breed used for Boar) and Dingo hybrids. If venemous snakes and wild dogs dont get cha, the massive constricting Pythons will. Thats the information i got from my sources. Wasnt till i saw 2 black snakes within a period of 10 minutes that i realised they were serious.

I just couldnt believe it i had to laugh what else could i do. Such a great deal, but impossible to live there. If it were just me id be considering how to make it work, but with her she'd be dead within a day guaranteed. Ah well back to the drawing board !

· Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I think I might like to retire to Australia, the last frontier!!! Can you homestead land there. I think Alaska is the last place in the US you can homestead.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I cant say for certain to be honest. The interior of Australia is very sparsely populated, the only thing you'l find in there is very small towns dotted about the place which can be thousands of miles apart, or small Aboriginal communities. There is so much land its mind boggling but its scorched to buggery. In some parts temperatures can reach 50C. I'v heard of people having 2 million acre cattle stations out there.

Now having said that, IF there were any homestead land available it would be out there somewere. However id say its all either passed down from generation to generation or its under native title meaning its owned by Aboriginals as its sacred land.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.