Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ! I am a doberman owner who had a little pit girl wander into my business this Tuesday morning In Irvington, New Jersey. Sadly this is a common occurrence in this area.

I brought her to my vet today to get her checked out and to confirm a neglected case of demodex. We also gave her a rabies shot and did a fecal. Vet thinks she is 8 to 10 months old and weighed in @ 39 1/2 #.

She is a very friendly little girl that bonds quickly with the people she interacts with. Placed a collar and lead on her with no reaction whatsoever. She walks very nicely on lead and looks to you for direction. She did not seem to know basic commands so I will begin to work on those. Doing well in a crate with a bit of balking when I leave my office but not as bad as my doberpups were.

As long as she is with me I will continue vet care, also she is still intact and was not chipped.

I have been in contact with rescue people I know and here in North Jersey they are full so I am looking for an exceptional home for this girl. I have two dobermans, my male is in love with his new puppy friend, my female not so much. I will post two photos here and try to get some better shots tomorrow.

Thank You for any assistance in finding this sweet heart a home.

I will check this thread at least twice a day and feel free to PM me here as I have turned on e-mail notification.

She is temporarily named Little Brigette :love2:

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
awww she is a sweet looking girl, good for you for taking her in until you find a place. Good luck. Poor pup's skin looks so raw from the mange. but that under bite is adorable :) good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would like to add she was a good girl at the vet, did not give anyone a hard time or flinch at her jabs. A large black mutt gave her a good growl which she shrugged of and just walked by.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
I am from the Fairfield County area so we are really close! I will post some ads and screen anyone interested if you want! Just two weeks ago I had a neglected pit mix come stay with us, (otherwise his owners were taking him to the shelter) and he had an adorable underbite too! What a funny coincidence! :) he found a great home a few days ago!

she looks like a sweetie!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, she really is a sweet dog and very person focused.
I have limited pit experience but she is winning me over.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
sweet lil girl hope you find a great home soon.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
**cough** you know you want to keep her **cough**. :pup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank You for the replies.

The little one has a home with a family on 2 acres of land in western jersey.

All their dogs have been rescues and they recently lost their last one.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Thank You for the replies.

The little one has a home with a family on 2 acres of land in western jersey.

All their dogs have been rescues and they recently lost their last one.
thats is AWESOME news! Thank you for finding a great home for her to enjoy and live!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Having her spayed will help with that Demo a lot if you have any low cost spay places in your area. This will also make sure any new home does not breed her and continue this cycle of mange and unpapered dogs. Best of luck finding her a home.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is her new dad!
I spoke with them this morning and they love her. She slept with their son and was up this morning playing fetch in the yard.
There is an excellent spay and neuter clinic here that I gave them the info for. They have their own long term vet that will follow up on treating the demodex. Her name is now Coco and she will be attending her first little league game today.

She impressed me and appeared to be a very stable little pup. My big goofy male has been looking for her all morning!

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
what an awesome story! :clap: thank u for taking the time to find Coco a forever home! :D

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Awww that is great news, glad you found a great home for her.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts