Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
the home of BSL.
theirs an article,if you google it about the idea that if your pit is a service dog you may have it.
it's A loop hole if I remember correctly,which can be reverted.
where in Miami?is commuting in your plan,should you need to?
I've been looking at relocating back that way,and even in Hollywood Pembroke pines,Miramar and such it's difficult also.
it's all about H/O ins. etc.
I'm from miami.i have lived there with pits in 2000-2005.I rented from 2 people whom I knew.
hopin for the best for ya.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
yeaaah, you've been a member of this site, and owned bulldogs since when? Dade is the only county in florida which has bsl :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

I honestly thought this was a joke of a thread when i opened it, but i'm bummed to see that it wasn't.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Dade county is anti pit bull dogs and has BSL like Shana said, you would have to hide your dog and could not go out in public in that county. From what I heard they are big on no pit bulls and it is really scary because they will take the dogs and PTS. call the animal control where you plan to move and see what the laws are and get up to date info on the BSL. You may find yourself having to move outside the county and commute to miami.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dade county doesnt enforce the law. Go anywhere in Miami and there are pits all over the beach. I will probably live in Hollywood anyway.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I still don't understand why you would want to put your dog at risk, irrespective of what other fools are doing. It would be worthwhile IMO to live outside the county and just commute if you're moving there for work purposes. Suggesting that you're going to do it because they don't enforce the law is like saying that you're going to drive drunk because you'll never get caught. All it takes is one screw-up, one neighbor pissed off because they don't like the color you painted your house and want to "get at" you, and you're in a bad situation. Or, well, your dog is.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
agreed!! i don't know why you would risk your dog like that, it doesn't make sense to me

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
I had A pit mix when I moved back there.then rescued a blue dog that was some dudes status symbol.
I wasn't about to get worried or bent up about it.all the neighbors,the landlord,which was a friend,who also has pits in miami.
theirs A bit of overlooking when it comes to the law/neighbors and folks in general.our mailman knew also.one day he stopped and told me he reports alot of pit owners.then smiled ans told me that my dog was cool and not to worry.he said he delivered to at least 40 homes who had dogs that made my dog look like A kitten.
I spent alot of time in the everglades.and took my dogs.I can't tell you how many times reservation cops,metro dade and FWC came by.it was ALWAYS cordial,to many times I heard the comments of it's the people not the dog,and they were glad to see trained,human domain dogs.
I didn't feel bad then,and were I to be put in that situation again I'd rescue another pit and not change A thing about my stay.
I lived there 3 1/2 years with them dogs.
you can't make me feel bad about it.
and yes,they are everywhere.I was just in the ideal situation.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
It is important for APBT owners to be respectful of the laws, now more than ever. Flaunting them doesn't help our case one bit.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
yes,yet what faith shold an unemployed construction worker have when he can't find A good job,and the lawmakers,enacters and enforcers can't support the american base by securing our borders.
they flaunt,have the political agenda/machine grinding for their own outcome and we,must be ben dover and his kin.giveall recieve little to nothing,in many situations.
I have no faith in, or for the system.
I live within the realm of what is called society.
I do what I can, and must.sometimes it's not mainstream.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts