Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to say HI to this board we come from Thailand nice to meet you everybody

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
:welcome: plenty of great people and great :pup:'s

Big ol hounds ya got there, I see KO kennels and a dog looks like it has some Kojak in it... Do your dogs do any pulling? Are they Whopper strain Bully ??

More accurate to call them bully's or bandogs..(save yourself from bashing) IF your in thailand then you should see real game dogs puttin it down in the [] those are REAL American Pit Bull Terriers.

Be prepared for praise and criticism... We all have room to grow.

Thanks for sharing the pics, welcome to GPB .. Hope you stick around, some real good info here.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
wOW that boy has a huge head but I agree thats not a pitbull looks more bully... and I dont think to much on breeders who breed "for what they like" I think there is a breed standard for a reason and good breeders breed towards that. Welcome to the forum though and I hope you find some helpful tips and advice here. Is he your only dog? if not would love to see the rest :)

Reactions: KMdogs

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Personally think your dog is way over the top and genetically... Unable to fully function to the best of abilities with that structure and that much weight/mass on that size of a dog. As FH already mentioned i would call yours Bullies or Bandogs as this is more accurate though IMO a Bandog whether we are talking working Mastiff or whopper should still be able to function and perform, usability is key so i would just call them Bullies.. Either way the term "Pit Bull" is far too generic and is not a breed rather than a media - based grouping of hounds that fall under what the public believes is an American Pit Bull Terrier.

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Looking at the ped on his other dog he posted it has a known whooper dog in there, so I dont think bully even fits here. { depending on the ped of his other dogs i guess}
pedigree is in this thread http://www.gopitbull.com/bloodline-discussion/28714-redlion.html

Question though , do you have a registry out there for this breed? Do you show ABKC over there or what do you have ?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
big boy.. got a side shot?

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I would just call it a mutt given the ped, or one very odd Whopper..

Reactions: texasgame

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
I didn't notice this before but that ped you posted says the dog is registered under ADBA... I have a hard time believing that, if it is true the ADBA has gone further down hill than i realized... Not to put down your dog but thats far off what the registry has been about for years.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Thats one of the many strains of whopper in the ADBA Some if not most leave a very :rain: feeling... I've seen it all...

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Thats one of the many strains of whopper in the ADBA Some if not most leave a very :rain: feeling... I've seen it all...
Man.. :hammer: I'm glad i don't focus on registries and whats registered with who.. Pointless really, every time i look its even further away from where they used to be.. Any registry and almost always for the worse.

Oh well this isn't a registry thread so i apologize to the OP for getting off topic, welcome aboard regardless and hopefully you can stick around..soak up some valuable information to better set your path for the future.

Reactions: redog

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ya that chevy dog was allowed to be registered through the ADBA I believe for weight pulling, the owner was supposedly a big player in the ADBA weight pulling and for some reason was allowed to register these whopper dogs. { im sure some of you know the storys a bit better and can add something to this} but there is a bit of the story on this dogs ped we found BullyPedia|The American Bully Online Pedigree Database kinda explains it a bit better, but IMO just adds more confusion when these dogs can be registered as something they arent. Hard enough with bullys being called APBT's then to add this as well.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Ya that chevy dog was allowed to be registered through the ADBA I believe for weight pulling, the owner was supposedly a big player in the ADBA weight pulling and for some reason was allowed to register these whopper dogs. { im sure some of you know the storys a bit better and can add something to this} but there is a bit of the story on this dogs ped we found BullyPedia|The American Bully Online Pedigree Database kinda explains it a bit better, but IMO just adds more confusion when these dogs can be registered as something they arent. Hard enough with bullys being called APBT's then to add this as well.
Its all blending into one giant :flush:... Registries in the end care about $$, it happens to the best registries and of course the worse.. So naturally if someone is going to give them money, someone is bound to let their dogs slide. Theres a HUGE difference between a whopper bulldog and a whopper bully.. No explanation needed im sure but just absurd.

The general public thinks Bullies are APBTs and vise versa, registries are allowing these two breeds to be as one, vets, BYBs, media.. :hammer: until its over i tell you its just getting worse and worse every year.

Unless there comes a registry that proves to me they are strictly about the dogs, i'm not supporting any of them. Don't need to send them money to let me know what i already know and i ain't missing much by not going to shows. Great for those that do but ya know how it goes.

Some of this stuff i see though.. :poop::poop::poop:

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
it all started with .. ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [19381] :: PARKER'S BOUNCER
(gen 1 DDB pit strain X APBT) ...
and ..

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [35886] :: EDDINGTON'S WANNABE AWHOPPER

and this is the Chevy dog that made wake in our post modern times..
http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=95687

Eddington had imported a rare strain of DDB that is now extinct.. Being the DDB was the original pit dog in which all other molosser breeds derive, in its truest form.. Eddingtion simply mixed the only game bandog (mastiff) to the modern game dog of the day, the APBT.. They are not American Bulldog, American Bulldogs are inbred APBTs to be LARGE, just check with colby pit bull history. Whopper began essentially with those two dogs as the foundation.. BOTH WERE 120lbs dogs.... you can find Parker, and Eddinton dogs that are pure lightner or loposay .. thus the Eddington game dogs and then the Whopper dogs by another name..

They've always been registered in the ADBA...

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
PS.. the japanese used the same strain of DDB in their Tosa.. They blended game dog in as well by 20 different names but they are essentially the same as a Whopper.. Extinct DDB and game bred APBT of that time. .. this is why the tosa is the only "game" mastiff (bandog).

They bred for that in the large dog and kept it alive... Americans bred for deep game which controls the size of the dog really as we grab the gamest we also end up with smaller dogs usually although there are big dogs up to 75lbs considered game.. APBTs are NOT allowed in TOSA matches in JAPAN. APBTs go by cajun rules and have their own circuit over their.. Just to show that genetics is the same no matter what word we wanna call it.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
PS.. the japanese used the same strain of DDB in their Tosa.. They blended game dog in as well by 20 different names but they are essentially the same as a Whopper.. Extinct DDB and game bred APBT of that time. .. this is why the tosa is the only "game" mastiff (bandog).

They bred for that in the large dog and kept it alive... Americans bred for deep game which controls the size of the dog really as we grab the gamest we also end up with smaller dogs usually although there are big dogs up to 75lbs considered game.. APBTs are NOT allowed in TOSA matches in JAPAN. APBTs go by cajun rules and have their own circuit over their.. Just to show that genetics is the same no matter what word we wanna call it.
I love those Tosa vs APBT debates, pointless by any standard. Two completely different animals regardless if house similar abilities. Like comparing a vintage muscle car to the finest of imports.. Both have their place, both can perform greatly.. Why compare them? :hammer:

My personal idea of a whopper and the OP's dogs do not go hand to hand, i expect any breeder of any hound to accept responsibility and breed to the ability of said hound.. IMHO that dog posted can't perform, if it can than its just an accident waiting to happen.. can't fight genetics and can't fight structure forever. Perhaps over where the OP lives that is a fine example...

Stan EXCELLENT posts as always.. telling it how it is no side steps. :clap:

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Welcome to GP. Just a reminder to everyone that we do not insult other members or their dogs so please keep negative comments to yourself and keep it educational. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Welcome to the group, What did you win all the awards for? Got any more dogs you could post?

OK peeps, whats a Whopper in the sense you're all using it?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts