Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have A Female Pit Bull (sorry No Pics) And She Seems To Have Longer Hair Than Normal Pitbulls I Have Seen.only The Hair On The Ridge Of Her Back And Around Her Neck Is About 1/2 An Inch Long.

Does This Happen Sometimes And Does Anyone Else Have Pictures Of Pits With Longer Than Normal Hair?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
This little dogs hair on its back is slightly longer and a darker color,other that that she is a typical apbt,im not sure if shes mixed but she is suspect due to the hair length,jmo.............................................................................

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Having longer hair would be considered a fault as per the standard.

It also could possibly be the sign of a mix breed.

3,968 Posts
i havent came across a purebred with longer fur then normal but i have seen some pits with thicker fur not sure if they were purbred or not but i neever really looked into fur to tell if its a mix. it could be a mix but it may not be a mix.

·
The M.F. Problem
4,878 Posts
You know, one of my girls are like that. She has abnormal hair length, probably 3/4 inch long in some spots. My other two pits have eyebrow length coat, so I've always questioned her blood. I try not to dwell on it though. You got what God gave you I guess. There is a test that was recently developed that can determine what breed mix you have, can't do it for cats yet.

3,968 Posts
reddoggy said:
You know, one of my girls are like that. She has abnormal hair length, probably 3/4 inch long in some spots. My other two pits have eyebrow length coat, so I've always questioned her blood. I try not to dwell on it though. You got what God gave you I guess. There is a test that was recently developed that can determine what breed mix you have, can't do it for cats yet.
good way to look at it.

i have had my share of rescue pits and mixes and they were just as great as any other pit i have owned!

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reddoggy said:
THANKS EVERYONE FOR RESPONDING.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE TEST?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
MIKE LAWRYTHE BILLIONAIRE said:
THANKS EVERYONE FOR RESPONDING.

WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE TEST?
The tests a joke and not accurate,stay away from it,by the way billionare,please to meet you,i am the poor broke individual dog enthusiest,only 150$ per advice my man.........
I except via,master card and american express.....

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
cane76 said:
The tests a joke and not accurate,stay away from it,by the way billionare,please to meet you,i am the poor broke individual dog enthusiest,only 150$ per advice my man.........
Hes serious I'd pay the man:D

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
oNE THING TO CONSIDER is the strain youve aquired,many of the larger strains of redogs bnose xxl dogs,will have slightly longer hair,but thats a differntn storyall toghethr,whats your pups blood line if you dont mind me askin?

·
Registered
118 Posts
cane76 said:
:clap: when i saw his username i came into this thread to say something smart like that haha.

AT LEAST DONATE TO THE WEBSITE haha

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cane76 said:
oNE THING TO CONSIDER is the strain youve aquired,many of the larger strains of redogs bnose xxl dogs,will have slightly longer hair,but thats a differntn storyall toghethr,whats your pups blood line if you dont mind me askin?
I DON'T KNOW THE BLOODLINE BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE PAPERS ON HER.

OH, I MADE THE NAME "MIKE LAWRYTHE BILLIONAIRE" IN GOOD FAITH THAT I WOULD AQUIRE SOME MONEY MYSELF:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts