Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help!! my pit went into heat in May, right on time. we kept the dogs apart the whole cycle. then in june my female started swelling and bleeding again. she didn't show any signs of going thur heat again and my male wasn't to interested in her , then I woke up and they were stuck. she has gone into heat 3 times and has had 2 litters. can anyone tell me what may have happened? can she get pregnant since she had her heat in may?? is there a such thing as false heat? im really confused especially after reading all on this..i cant find an answere!

·
ONE BAD MOTHAPHUCKA
3,237 Posts
What may have happened was you were an irresponsible dog owner. They should've NEVER been left alone together in the first place. Females typically bleed for a period of time, stop bleeding for a period of time, and the start bleeding again but every dog is different.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
794 Posts
Have you considered ever getting her spayed and the male neutered? They should have never been left alone together. Responsibility is the key to prevent this type of thing from happening.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Could have been a split heat. Take her to the vet and have a spay/abort done before you bring yet another un needed litter into the world.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Please get your girl spayed and don't put her through another litter. If she's had 2 litters out of 3 heat cycles, it sounds like she's been bred enough. I won't chastise you for this mistake, but you need to fix it before it becomes an even bigger one (ie, puppies). BTW, welcome to the forum. Please stick around and learn from the pros. (They can be a little hot-headed and impulsive in their delivery, but they have good info.)

·
Registered
341 Posts
agree with everyone else.

and does sounds like the first heat split.

spay her soon before the fetus develop any further.

please.

Hugz to your furkids.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
well here we go, another sack of puppies over the bridge, just because you cant place them,

do them a favor get a 22 its quicker and painless.

they should never have been left alone together,

already had two litters, say 6-8 pups per litter, thats 16 puppies,
are you telling me you found a place for 16 puppies from two unplanned breedings?????????????

that seems like a stretch, just sayin.................................

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I've posted the math of irresponsible breeding before but I will do it again:

You bred your two dogs - say your first litter was 8 puppies. Say those 8 puppies all go on to breed and have litters of their own, now your one litter has spawned 64 dogs. Now say those 64 dogs go on to each have litters of 8 pups, now the number of pups you've put into the world is 512 - again, those 512 go on to have pups and within only 4 generations there are an astronomical 4096 puppies in existence because you "just wanted her to have one litter" or "just wanted one pup from her" or "wanted to give pups to your friends and family" or "wanted her to experience motherhood at least one time" or were just too cheap or lazy to get your dogs fixed.

If you can't keep them from mating just fix your dogs. problem solved.

·
Registered
30 Posts
watch "one nation under dog" if you have a heart you will get her spayed. Not saying this to be mean but enough dogs/puppies (thousands) are euthanized every day because of over population and careless unorganized breeding.
Have a heart.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
i couldnt agree more, there are so many reasons]excuses] for just puttin 2 dogs together,

but the facts are theres already to many doing that.

so it hurts bulldogs more than it helps.

makes me wonder who's givin them advice...........

yes, its harsh, but its true

1 - 10 of 10 Posts