Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my pit recently thought it would be a good idea to eat an entire tennis ball when we weren't home. Don't worry, the vet gave us pills to help him poop it out and he's doing good now... Expect for the fact he no longer takes his regular 9am poop. INSTEAD he would rather wake up the whole house at 3am to go poop... What can I do to get this guy back to a regular pooping schedule? Because he's starting to really bug me lol...

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Well 1st off are his poops normal? if they are diarreah or something you cant really blame him you cant always hold those long lol. If it is normal what I would do if he was my dog is crate him at night and ignore those 3am wake ups even put it off till 5 or 6 if possible get him in the routine again , if he is taken out at night before bed there is no reason { unless medical and im assuming there is nothing going on anymore? has he pooped out the tennis ball yet? if not there may be pressure building and making him uncomfy and feeling like he has to go} he shouldnt be able to hold it until morning. Sounds like maybe he just got on a new schedule and is not waking from habit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah they're completely normal and he can't ever go right before bed the last few weeks. He's already pooped out large pieces of tennis ball so I think he's just off schedule. I always feel bad making him hold it. I know I wouldn't want someone to lock me outta the bathroom if I had to go!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I hear you, i agree. But it would be best to try and get him back for all of you :) Try the crate so he doesn't mess up, I am sure he would not like making a mistake as much as you would not like it. once you get the crate and what not set up and back on schedule he should be ok. as long as its not the runs, I would stay in bed later and later, or just do not go to bed until he goes. Have you tried taking him for a run or playing with him real hard right before bed to try and kick start and get it done before bed?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts