Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys so I have decided I really want to go in another direction after educating myself more and learning about the different Types of APBT's and all the bloodlines. I am going to keep Sway and Lugz for SURE they are just both hams and have quiet the personalities. However Tumble (and I feel bad saying it) doesn't have much of a future. Her confirmation is not fantastic and she has quite the overbite and her personality is just not suited to a working life style. So I am going to require a spay for her and a pet home, but still want whomever she goes to involved in the pitty/bully events around the area.I don't want a paper chaser, and I think I would withold paperwork until proof of spay.

HOW do you guys do this? What questions do you ask? ect ect.
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Don't just withhold paperwork. Do the spay yourself. A lot of people have no qualms about breeding unregistered dogs. Even if you required a deposit until proof of spay, it couldn't be so high that they couldn't make it back with one breeding.

As far as what questions to ask, there are some good questions here: http://matrixkennels.com/questionaire1.htm

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Again sounds bad but i didn't want to deal with the healing phase. haha
Our humane soceity spays/neutered Pits for free though so I may just make an appointment.
Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
124 Posts
placing a pitbull

Boy that's harsh. "Not much of a future"? Is she not good enough just to be a loving loyal pet? Not tryin to be mean.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on working my dogs, weight pull, confirmation, schutzhund, ect. She is a pet-bull. She needs a nice quiet loving home when she can just be someones pet. I plan on being gone a lot to shows and events and taking the rest of the dogs with me. How would it be fair for her to have to stay home all the time, or constantly crated on the road (since non-competing dogs aren't allowed at the event area). I had plans to work her as well but her personality is much more suited to just being loved. It does sound bad and believe me I feel a little bad because she is such a sweet dog, but in the long run she would be neglected.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
babyshae said:
Boy that's harsh. "Not much of a future"? Is she not good enough just to be a loving loyal pet? Not tryin to be mean.
Not good for sport or conformation because of poor bite alignment.

It does not mean the dog is not a fine pet she is just not breeding quality.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
babyshae said:
"Not much of a future" in what she has planned for the pups...
I think she is trying to give the pup a better future in a loving home providing her more attention. If placed properly (and I am sure she will :p ) it is the responsible thing to do. I do agree with spaying her first...if she is already spayed then the next owner can't make any excuses...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah, definately have her spayed first. These days a person's word means :poop:. Don't bother with contracts or paper withholding....too much hassle. Getting her fixed is the right thing to do and you'll be guaranteed that you'll find her a home that wants a just a pet.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Since i take in many dumped dogs they are all spayed or neutered before they leave here. I usually don't charge anything or next to nothing for thses dogs it is knowing that they can not reproduce but have a good home that counts. When you go to place her listen to your heart and your gut. If something doesn't seem right don't give her up. Make sure you have it written down that you can periodic visits to check on her. Find out what vet they use and talk to them too. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an old foster contract I plan on using. I'm not going to really ask anything for her long as its a good home
Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes she is really shy/submissive. She's gotten better but I don't think she will ever be a working dog.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PLACED! She found a great home with a couple of kids to keep her company and a cat. She is being spayed by them tomorrow and they promised to show up at our local events lol. The parents have owned pitties before so they know what they are in for lol. Yay! :roll:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
glad to hear it. that was quick!

·
Inactive Member!
531 Posts
Congratulations!

Stephanie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts