Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
First off I would like to thank anyone who takes the time to read this. I just rescued a Pit Bull and I am afraid he is very ill. He has a clear/slightly amber discharge coming from his nose, a small rash on his tummy, and tonight his right from leg started to bother him so suddenly. I took him for a walk with No issues at all, and less than 30 mins. later he started favoring it. Now he can't climb steps, and struggles greatly to walk. I have been up for hours trying to get him to drink water and eat, but he simply won't. Licked from my fingers for a few seconds, then gave up. All of the info out there has me afraid of tick disease, and I have no idea what to do. I took him to the park for some exercise two days ago and don't know if he was bitten there. I have only had him since Saturday, and I was just trying to find him a good home, and now I'm afraid for his life. His entire demeanor has changed in a matter of hours. Please, any advice would help as all the Vet Clinics in town are closed for several more hours. And I'm all but broke.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hello,
First off I would like to thank anyone who takes the time to read this. I just rescued a Pit Bull and I am afraid he is very ill. He has a clear/slightly amber discharge coming from his nose, a small rash on his tummy, and tonight his right from leg started to bother him so suddenly. I took him for a walk with No issues at all, and less than 30 mins. later he started favoring it. Now he can't climb steps, and struggles greatly to walk. I have been up for hours trying to get him to drink water and eat, but he simply won't. Licked from my fingers for a few seconds, then gave up. All of the info out there has me afraid of tick disease, and I have no idea what to do. I took him to the park for some exercise two days ago and don't know if he was bitten there. I have only had him since Saturday, and I was just trying to find him a good home, and now I'm afraid for his life. His entire demeanor has changed in a matter of hours. Please, any advice would help as all the Vet Clinics in town are closed for several more hours. And I'm all but broke.
Take him back to the shelter you adopted him from if you can't afford a vet. Not sure why you would even adopt a pup if you can't afford to care for it in the first place. If he is sick and you only had him for a few days the shelter should take him back for care. He could have picked something up in the shelter. I would surrender him back if you don't have $$$$. Sorry, you are going through this. Keep us posted and best of luck to you.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
either take him to a vet or back to the shelter... if you have a $$ issue you shouldve thought about that before you adopted the dog.. good luck

Reactions: Elvisfink

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello.
It's not what you think. It was a breeder that I rescued him from, loosely put. He was filing bankruptcy and was just going to take Drake to the local pound, and his chances of getting adopted from there are slim to none. So I bought him. Just trying to find him a good home when this happens. I will be taking him to the Vet as soon as possible, was just looking for any advice I can get until then. I just didn't want him stuck in the pound. These dogs have a bad rep, and people around here don't give them a chance. He's my third Pit, and all of them have been amazing pups. Anyways, not the best choice I guess, but it sounded good at the time. Thanks again in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Well sounds like this guy had a twisted scheme to get himself out of bankruptcy sellin pups. You promoted back yard breeding. He couldn't have bred a good litter. He couldn't have afforded health testing testing or anything... the pup would've been better off at the pound...

·
Registered
795 Posts
I won't preach...

You just need to get him to a vet! They may be able to work with you on a payment plan.
I wouldn't waste anymore time.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
He doesn't sound good at all... you really need to take him to the vet. Or he will probably die.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I won't preach...

You just need to get him to a vet! They may be able to work with you on a payment plan.
I wouldn't waste anymore time.
:goodpost: I agree, preaching isn't going to do any good for this situation... The only people who are going to be able to help you is a veterinarian. Most vets will work out payment plans for emergency care, call them and explain your situation and they should help you, if not, call another vet. You can also try calling local shelters, sometimes they can help out with financial aid for things like this, my local shelter does. Good luck with your pup, please keep us updated.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Its kinda frustrating though when people come on here with issues that obviously need to be seen by a vet , realy common sense. theres not much anyone on here cando when we cant even physically see the dog he needs to see a vet . And sorry to be harsh but if you cant afford a vet the dog is better in a shelter it will A. either get vet care there B. euthanized so its no longer in pain. there are programs that some vets offer if someone can find the link or just use the search button at the top its like a credit card thats strictly for pet insurance / vet care. or try calling around today for quotes and see if any of your local vets offer finacial assistance/ payment options. If you post where you are located maybe someone is close to you and can refer a vet who does that. I hope the dog is ok and gets the care he need , all the best.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
wow.... good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts