Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my baby boy Kapone. I rescued him at 17 days old. The mother got an infection and refused to feed her pups. The living conditions were horrible. He is doing very well and is a vet checked healthy boy at 34 days today. I must admit I never owned a pit and know nothing about them. My boy is a beautiful unique color that I never really seen on a dog of any kind. He is like a silvery purple in the light and has a dark grey/blue around his snout. He had blue eyes but only one has changed so far to brownish. My friend who only has had pits says that she thought he was a blue and white, but not sure because of the pink nose....after all that here are my questions....
1. What kind do you think he is blue/brown/red etc?

2.Will the other blue eye change brown? Don't they change at the same time?

3. Can he be a blue/white and have a pink nose?Doesn't the color matter or is it only the nose?

4. Also, last but not least...the spot on his nose that is grey is changing shape, does this mean that his nose color will change?

Thank you for any feedback....All is helpful, also any advice on hand raising them would be great!!! Training too!! Thanks a bunch

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Is there a photo?

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
He's most likely blue fawn. Although a pic would help. Does he have white markings? If he does like a face stripe he just might have a normal pink nose. Noses don't mean anything. His nose could turn completely blue/grey when he is older.

·
Registered
123 Posts
eyes will both most likely change a good chance the nose will gain more color and he sounds blue but you should probably post a pic to get more certain answers

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
This is one of my old dogs. This is how the nose color can change. She starts off with just a few red spots then as she gets older her nose almost completely fills in with color.

A few spots

More spots

Way more spots

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Please look through the forum to answer any questions you may have and feel free to ask any question, even if you think it's stupid. :)

In answer to number 4, yes, if your pup's nose isn't completely pigmented with color (it's a mix of a color and pink) then it can change.

My boy is a little over a year and here's some pics of his nose for comparison.

Here he is at ~6 weeks, on the left. As you can see, his nose is a mix of pink and brown (it's called a butterfly or dudley nose, fyi).

Here he is now:

As you can see, the brown on his nose has filled in around the bottom and in the middle and is creeping in on the top. Some times the color fills in all the way, and sometimes it doesn't. It's usually filled in as much as it's going to by about 3-4 years.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok if you go into my profile there is pics of him...I for the life of me cant figure out how to post the pics on the actual forum...If anyone could help with that that would be great too! Thanks

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Looks like a blue brindle to me

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Yep I looked at the picture. If he has stripes even just a few. Then he's a blue brindle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all so much, I appreciate all the help I can get!!! Also if you have any training tips and tips on feeding that would be awesome!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You might want to make a thread just about the feeding so that you get more responses for it. I have never raised abandoned babies before.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Take a look through the forums. We've got sections on health and nutrition and training.

What are you currently feeding him?

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
What a sweet little guy. I'd say blue brindle as well. The nose may get some more pigment and be more of a butterfly nose as he gets older. He is still very young too so I'm sure you'll notice they eye's changing more and more. If you want to post pics on the forum you can use any photo sharing site like photobucket. Just copy and past the IMG code and it'll will post the picture :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok not a prooblem. Thanks. Right now I am alternating formula and canned chicken. Yesterday he ate all of my other dogs hard food so I am not sure if I should include hard food or not. Also I heard alot about lamb, being really good for developing muscles in pups but not sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In this picture he looks a bit stripy but as he has grown there are not really any stripes left. Nore any of this redish color...

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
The brindle stripes sometimes fade with age and sometimes they get darker. Just depends on the dog.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
You say he's 34 days? So ~4-5 weeks then?

I would go ahead and start giving him some kibble + warm water and blend it up a little bit to get all the big chunks out and see how he likes that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts