Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So on december 3rd my lil pup got her first set of shots, and around that time it looked like there was a little cut the size of a quarter (maybe a tiny bit bigger) but now today (the 7th) she still has the same "cut" looking thing by her right back leg, and i also noticed that she also had a little tiny cut looking thing in her right ear... now i don't know if these are related? or if thes are maybe just cuts that have scabbed over, and i'm just over exaggerating, and freaking out (i tend to do that when it comes to her, haha) or could it be something I may need to be concerned about and perhaps take her to a VET for?

Here are some pics..

I Can't really tell what order they're in cause of the uploader is all whack, ha, but pretty much 3 of the pictures are of inside her right ear, and the other two pix are of her right side, by her back right leg... kinda by her thighs-ish. hard to explain... ha.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you have other dogs in the house? see on the other thread I thought you said it was where she got her vaccines done, they dont give the vaccine there on her leg so I doubt its from that. she itch at it at all?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, to add to that.

She's been eating fine, around 4 meals a day still, She's in Great shape. I take her on walks 3-4 times a day, in addition to playing with her all day, and playing rough, and playing tug-o-war, and just all kinds of games. She drinks a lot. Potties fine, pee's a decent amount, goes potty bout 3-4 times and, naps 3-4 times...

For the most part she's a perfect livin pup!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you have other dogs in the house? see on the other thread I thought you said it was where she got her vaccines done, they dont give the vaccine there on her leg so I doubt its from that. she itch at it at all?
ohh, okay, i thought, thats where they gave it to her, I wasn't looking, i just held her head, i just saw it go somewhere in that vicinity. ha.

But no i never seen her itch it. I just noticed her Ear today tho! =/

I'm just super worried about like skin cancer or anything like that... the thought of it kills me. ha.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Im not thinking skin cancer at all, im thinking she got scuffed up somehow , orrrrr, has that spot gotten bigger at all? if they get any bigger or more turn up might want to get a skin scrape done. Are her nails kept trimmed and filed? maybe she scratched her ear?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ha well i don't personally trim her nails, but she kind of files her nails down her self when I try to take her on walks at night. Haha, She doesn't like to go on walks at first, so she like digs down and tries her heart out to not walk, so it kind of files em down on the concrete, ha, and after a couple minutes she starts walking fine. hah.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
N i really hope that's not what it is! i'd die! hah.

I hope to god it's just a little cut, or something, i hope to goddddd, ha, i know that may sound kind of dick-ish but i'd much rather it be a cut or something that just temporarily causes her pain than it be something serious and life threatning like that. ha

I mean I honestly don't care how she looks (even if she loses all her fur, and everything, etc.) as long as she's okay and happy n playful u know? i'll love her just as much still. ha.

I just couldn't bare anything life threatning! hah

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I can almost say for sure its not some life threatning thing , if anything get worse a skin scrape would test for mange , again not life threatning. If it were my dog atthis point I would just keep it clean , use an antibiotic cream like neosporin or something { as long as she isnt licking it} and let it be. If there are more spots then id look into a skin scrape and maybe possible allergies of some sort.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
okay, for sure, thank you!

i have noticed tho, she does tend to look by her leg quite a bit.. Idk if that's natural for dogs to lick their own scabs (thinking they can lick it off or something) ha, but.. ya, just trying to throw all info out there. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like a scratch from something and not realated to the vaccines. It would just leave it alone and let it heal. Less is more sometimes and don't drive yourself nuts at every little scratch she gets ;)
well that's a lot easier said than done!!! hahaha

idk why, i'm sooooo overly protective when it comes to her!!

if you knew me, you'd know i'm like a manly man, nothing ever hurts me, or bugs me, or phases me, and i never get sad or "heart broken" or anything like that.

but when it comes to her, it's like she's my weakspot!!! hahahh, it's so weird.

as you said, any lil scratch on her trips me out and i try to help her in anyway i can! haha

(plus, idk if this is true or not, but i heard pitbulls with the grey coat, and blue eyes are more susceptible to allergic reactions, sicknesses, diseases, and illness and what not

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
(plus, idk if this is true or not, but i heard pitbulls with the grey coat, and blue eyes are more susceptible to allergic reactions, sicknesses, diseases, and illness and what not
Not true. People say blue coated dogs have more issues health wise and coat problems , thing is Blue is a popular color and you have people breeding for that color and not caring about anyother aspect of what they are breeding. So unhealthy dogs with genetic issues are being bred based solely on there color thus making unhealthy dogs. people think its the " blue " that is suseptable to these issues when really its just bad breeding bringing out these issues. If brindle was the new fad you would see the same with brindles or whatever other color people are breeding for. If she came from someone like that BYB , uneducated , someone who didnt look into what they were breeding then yes she may have a multitude of different issues, coat wise,allergy wise, healthwise .
Blue eyes on the other hand can have some issues again if they were bred to be blue eyed, there is a thread on it I had started when one of my pups came out with blue eyes, if it was a random occurance and not bred for it might be ok so depends ont he dog i guess. I was told to be carefull with anyone wanting to breed that dog to another blue eyed dog that can raise the percentage of issues arising. Ill let you read through it though, if you have questions there are a few in there who replied and know more on this im sure you can ask one of them.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/38926-blue-eyes-pretty-health-concern.html

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I have about 17-20 at any give time and I am sure I can find several spots like that on a few of my dogs so I don't get excited unless it doesn't go away or gets worse.
However my first APBT I would have already been at the vet ;) so no worries! I understand completely! I was at the vet for everything under the sun with my first dog it's hard not want to them to be perfect. lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have about 17-20 at any give time and I am sure I can find several spots like that on a few of my dogs so I don't get excited unless it doesn't go away or gets worse.
However my first APBT I would have already been at the vet ;) so no worries! I understand completely! I was at the vet for everything under the sun with my first dog it's hard not want to them to be perfect. lol
haha ya, definitley, so you know where i'm coming from!!

she's my FIRST real dog, and my first APBT at that! n i just broke up with my g/f of like a year, like a week or so after i got her, so she's been like my lil savior, and my new love, and she's pretty much took my ex's spot in my heart, so i spend SOOOO much money on her, and so much time, and spoil the crap out of her. n i just love her like no other. so the first lil thing that happens to her, or sms like is bugging her i freak out, and just want the best for her... haha

just like her 60 dollar food... and expensive ass 20-30 dollar toys that she gets one of at least once a day... EVERYDAY!!! hahah

she's just my baby!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Not true. People say blue coated dogs have more issues health wise and coat problems , thing is Blue is a popular color and you have people breeding for that color and not caring about anyother aspect of what they are breeding. So unhealthy dogs with genetic issues are being bred based solely on there color thus making unhealthy dogs. people think its the " blue " that is suseptable to these issues when really its just bad breeding bringing out these issues. If brindle was the new fad you would see the same with brindles or whatever other color people are breeding for. If she came from someone like that BYB , uneducated , someone who didnt look into what they were breeding then yes she may have a multitude of different issues, coat wise,allergy wise, healthwise .
Blue eyes on the other hand can have some issues again if they were bred to be blue eyed, there is a thread on it I had started when one of my pups came out with blue eyes, if it was a random occurance and not bred for it might be ok so depends ont he dog i guess. I was told to be carefull with anyone wanting to breed that dog to another blue eyed dog that can raise the percentage of issues arising. Ill let you read through it though, if you have questions there are a few in there who replied and know more on this im sure you can ask one of them.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/38926-blue-eyes-pretty-health-concern.html
ahh -- i see. i just read up on it. good post. just thought i'd reply here cause there isn't as many ppl, and i don't wanna blow up ppl's notifications. haha. specially seeing it as this convo is between us. hahah.

but that is def. good info, and is def. good to know.
ya, thing with gucci is, she wasn't bread to b like this, she just came out with blue eyes, and the blue coat, and being all symetrical with the blue on the ears n what not. so knowing that def. makes me feel a lot better, specially cause she didn't look that much like her other litter mates (coat and color wise. but as far as bloodline and genetics went, u could def. tell they were siblings.)

her dad was closer to 80 pounds almost (huge for an apbt from what i've been reading and learning) and her mother was 65. (her father being gotti, and her mother a razors edge{sp?})

her only deal was that she was super timid, and didn't like anyone, and would growl at everyone and snarl at ppl who went to adopt her.. so after the second day the breeder just stopped bringing her out. but he brought her out for me, and she ran up to me, and licked me and kissed me, and just loved me, and he was all that's fate bro, you gotta get her, i've never seen her take to anyone like that. she don't even like me or my wife like that.

she's the biggest, and prettiest one too, but no one wants her cause she's so mean

but ever since i've had her she's been super loving n caring, and she's still pretty timid when it comes to meeting new ppl, but she's slowly getting btter and better cause i take her out alllllll the time, and socialize her and what not.. but still, she's a lil timid... she'll grow out of it tho... i'im almost poitive of it..

i hope so at least.. haha

she's also SUPER smart. she's almost a week away from being 4 months old, doesn't even have her teeth in yet fully, but she's already fully pott trained, sits, shakes, stays, lay's down, heels, walks on a leash super well, and sits at every street corner...

to me for a little pup that is just super impressive! haha

if you couldn't tell, i love her oh so much! she's my everything!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
well 80lbs would be huge for a true APBT, however having gotti says right there the dada was an american Bully, the mom most likely was as well with razors edge although to be sure we would have to see the pedigree as there are some RE dogs that are still considered APBT or actually if Im not mistaken more am staff blood. Doesnt sound like you have a APBT though , sounds more like american Bully. checkout the Blly 101 section it explains bloodlines and standards a bit better.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well 80lbs would be huge for a true APBT, however having gotti says right there the dada was an american Bully, the mom most likely was as well with razors edge although to be sure we would have to see the pedigree as there are some RE dogs that are still considered APBT or actually if Im not mistaken more am staff blood. Doesnt sound like you have a APBT though , sounds more like american Bully. checkout the Blly 101 section it explains bloodlines and standards a bit better.
ya, her dad def. has bully in her. i suppose you're right. she's not FULL apbt. The breeder even said that as well.

but i really like the mix in her. she's super sweet.

my next one i want a full one bully tho. i love the biggness of em. It's so awesome.

one of my buddies friends breeds bully's that are just huuuuuge, he sells them for 3000, and he actually recently shipped one out to some rapper somewhere, and he payed $7000.00!!!! for her!! ha. it's ridic. but these pups are just amazing!! hah, my friend was saying since he's such good friends with the guy he could hook me up for 1500, but that is still a hefty price tag, and i wouldn't want to do that till i have my OWN bigger house with a more stable, higher paying job. (cause i know she's going to need a lot of special stuff, and the way I am, I have to get the BEST of everything i get when it comes to my little kids. haha)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
do you know the kennels name ? alot of bully breeders have tags on there pups like that It doesnt meanthey are worthy of that tag or bred well. Alot of car sales men it seems are now breeding dogs { all about the hype and who your friends are it seems}. Before you get a pup do some research and dont just jump to a kennel because of how much they sell dogs for or who they know , look into things like health testing, bloodlines , conformation, titles of parents ect. Another thing alot of breeders Lie about how much they sell dogs for they get buyers to say they paid $5000 for a pup when really it s only $1000-$2000 just to make it seem more legit to try and get the next to pay $5000, really just a scam or game whatever you wanna call it lol.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ohh, okay, gotcha. Yeah, i'll ask my buddy bout him, and see about all the stuff you mentioned.

i know he had a couple dogs futured on southernsmokepit or something for how big his dogs were. But i will Def. look into all those kind of things first before i drop anywhere near that much money! haha

I wouldn't want to pay 1500-2000 and end up having some little 50 pound punie bully. hahah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts