Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! This is my first post, I am hoping I can get some help. I have my 14wk puppy who had his ears cropped last week. Two days ago he pulled out the stiches from the bottom portion of one ear. The ears were healing pretty well before then. I am supposed to be taking him back to get his stitches out in another week on the 20th. I would had to have to put him back down and go through the pain again if it is unnecessary. The bottom of hai ear is pretty widely gapped and I was concerned that this might heal into a large scar and be painful for him. Please provide any feed back. Will it be okay to leave as is? Or should I get it restiched? It is at the base of his ear that is gapped. The top of the ear is healing pretty well.

·
Administrator
5,577 Posts
Welcome to the forum KahlDrogo.
Sorry to hear your having problems. Ethically, I would recommend bringing him back to the vet to be checked. If it does need restitching let them get it done, hopefully, with a local anesthetic. Also, it can be checked for infection.
Possibly, the vet can just glue the skin together and put him in a cone of shame. Good luck and please let us know how it goes.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts