Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 4month old pit bull puppy I had his ears cropped and the vet I have always used cut them off entirely too short, (almost no ear left) You can see his inner ear.... I have been crying for a week. Is there ANYTHING I can do about this?????
Edit/Delete Message

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
not really , you cant make them grow... good reason to check out a vets previous work and bring in pictures and be very clear about what you want. Do you have pictures? the ear doesnt always look so good right after , give it time to heal and for the dog to grow into it. What do you mean the ear canal cause I can see my dogs ear canal and they have cropped ears lil below medium.
What did you ask the vet to do? was there any diagrams or pictures used? If your not happy id contact the vet and let them know , unfortunately though not alot too do.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
whats done is done..... like angelbaby said... thats why you check out previous work... post pics id luv to see your puppy and im sure itll look better once they heal up and he grows into it :D

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Hey lmsmith79
Post pictures of the cropped ears.There is nothing that can be done now.But keep this in mind-your puppy will love you no matter what the ears look like,so dont let that stop you from loving back.And make sure you try to keep the ears as dry as possible.
After all-dogs love us no matter what we look-smell-talk like,so dont worry about it,and enjoy your Bully.
Thank you,
Henry

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Hey lmsmith79
Post pictures of the cropped ears.There is nothing that can be done now.But keep this in mind-your puppy will love you no matter what the ears look like,so dont let that stop you from loving back.And make sure you try to keep the ears as dry as possible.
After all-dogs love us no matter what we look-smell-talk like,so dont worry about it,and enjoy your Bully.
Thank you,
Henry
:goodpost:

I really want to see pics :) there are alot of dogs with battle crops and short crops that look awesome with them , I like males with shorter ears if they got the head for it, your boy will grow and fill out what they look like now isnt what they will look like in 6 months after they heal up better and sit properly :) dont be too upset

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Nothing wrong with a good ol battle crop.

But im sorry to hear that you didn't get what you asked for.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Give the ears a chance to heal and you may find that they are not as bad as you originally thought. But unfortunately, no, there is nothing you can do about it at this point.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah please dont panic, give it a little time. post pics so we can see 'em
ok i will get you some pics its like they are flipped back and u can see too much of his inner ear if i could get that cartilage to stay flipped the other way i think it would look as though he had an ear right now it looks like he does not..........thank u so much for answering and ill get u some pics

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:goodpost:

I really want to see pics :) there are alot of dogs with battle crops and short crops that look awesome with them , I like males with shorter ears if they got the head for it, your boy will grow and fill out what they look like now isnt what they will look like in 6 months after they heal up better and sit properly :) dont be too upset
ok i will get you some pics its like they are flipped back and u can see too much of his inner ear if i could get that cartilage to stay flipped the other way i think it would look as though he had an ear right now it looks like he does not..........thank u so much for answering and ill get some pics of themw

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
if its just the ear part that is flipped back , they can be posted and taped to train them to stand up better after the stitches come out, post the pics and we can give you some links describing how to tape properly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts