Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 month old blue apt whom tits, after having her 1st period has not gone back to normal after 2 months. are there any home remedies? and she is only 58lbs, is this a good weight for her bc she keeps getting diarrhea w/out me changing her eating habits or food. she doesnt look unhealthy please help!!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
what do you mean by not goin back to normal?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
If you mean just her nipples are enlarged, that will never go away. Females' nipples tend to get bigger after their first heat cycle. If she has swollen mammary tissue -- ie, looks like she had puppies -- she could very well be going through a false pregnancy. Some females will have them every heat cycle, and are usually good candidates for being spayed.

That is, of course, assuming that there is no chance that a male had access to her and that she could be pregnant. Only you would know if that is the case or not.

As for the persistent diarrhea, have you had her wormed recently? What are you feeding her? She may have a food allergy. Poor girl sounds like she's action-packed with issues. I would be asking a vet about all of these symptoms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts