Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed my boy has a red spot above his left eye, what could it b????

Had to hold him down for this one

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
can you take a picture? how big is it, fur missing? scaley? open wound? need to know alot more then just a red bump.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
If its like a bump, could be an insect bite...we've seen insect bites become infected and look pretty bad. A little antibiotics and they go away in no time.

If its like a hot spot missng hair and has them in other locations like feet...could be mange.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not a bump just a bright red spot no fur missing not icthing from what i can tell

·
Super Moderator
4,580 Posts
Prob just a bug bite. Give it 48 hours. If it's not better, try to get a better pic of it and we might be able to help. Ecko sometimes gets mosquito bites and they usually disappear, or at least start looking better in a coupla days.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My boy gets bumps and what not when he plays with a cartain ball, he doesnt pay attention and will bang his head into things while chasing it. Could he have bumped it? Any other bumps anywhere?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is it itchy? Keep an eye on it. Could be allergies, bug bite, beginning signs of mange. It's hard to say. That's where my girls allergies started was around the eyes so just watch for any change ;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My boy gets bumps and what not when he plays with a cartain ball, he doesnt pay attention and will bang his head into things while chasing it. Could he have bumped it? Any other bumps anywhere?
He has been playing with his ball in the yard lately

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The more i look at it it look like he scraped it on sumthn is there sumthn i can put on it

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
for that ? no just leave it unless it looks open or causeing him discomfort just leave it.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
The more i look at it it look like he scraped it on sumthn is there sumthn i can put on it
Yeah, Mel bangs it on the patio furniture or the fire pit, and keeps right on going as I am groaning in pain from watching it, lol here is his damage from the other day.... Same spot as your's it looks.

Not sure if you can put it on open sores, but for regrowing the hair this works great. Nu-Stock - Topical treatment for Horses, Dogs, and Cattle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts