Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Public service announcement from yours truly, me. Seriously, everyone please consider the living arrangements of your pups in these bitterly cold times!! I know I couldn't take it in this weather for too long, and I have a jacket, gloves, boots, etc. whereas they DON'T:( Call the appropriate authorities if you see a dog in need of proper housing...remember, you can help with one phone call. Sorry, rant over.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
:goodpost:

I have one bulldog that stays outside all year! He hates the winter some days he'll stay cozied up all day, others he's runnin all over enjoyin the sunlight! We keep plenty of cedar chips on standby winter is no joke in north idaho.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sophie has a pink ski jacket. I would say she has a love/hate relationship with it. She doesn't like it, but she will stay out longer in it and play with her neighborhood friends. We break it out when the temp gets in the low 30's and below. She really isn't fond of the cold at all and is an inside dog.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I have no outside dogs :D Everyone has their cozy inside den....AKA a crate lol.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Very good reminder!! We don't have severe winters here in Oklahoma except for right now..lol Its been brutal... wind chills -10 to -20 with blowing snow... It started yesterday and is slowly clearing out, and will be back in the 50s by Saturday..lol

I have mainly outside dogs, on runs and in kennels BUT Monday night they all came into the dog room (which is heated) and have been kicking back until this blows over..lol It only takes me just over an hour to routate them all out for bathroom times..lol I have the classic older dogs who will run out do their business and run back in, then the younger pups (8months) who this is their very first snow and its FUN!! I've been laughing at Zsadist for leaping into the drifts..lol

·
Registered
411 Posts
LadyRampage - Our Maggie has been making me laugh too! I have to make her come in - her little feet look so pink and cold from jumping and "hiking" her toys through the snowbanks.

Jake, who was an outside dog before we adopted him, isn't as enamored of the snow. It seems like he only goes out to do his business and comes right back. In fact, he's funny cause it seems like he's grinning when he runs back up to the door and we open it. Like he can't believe his luck! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know that there are dogs that love it outside, but I'd lay my money on human companionship everytime if they're faced with the decision LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
good post! yes protect your dogs they do not have double coats like some other breeds. we are having a cold spell too and it is -14 degrees! in the desert!
the dogs went out to potty twice today and when we got them out from the crate in the dog room to go back to the kennels for an hour they all protested. I had to carry Justice to her dog run! LMAO she said hell no it's cold i'll just hold it till morning! Siren came out of her crate shivering, now the dog room is an converted garage and is part of our house. It is heated and at least 65 degrees if not warmer but the dogs really put on a show going out side. Siren was hoping I would feel sorry for her, the puppies also had to be leashed and dragged to outside to go potty. Our water buckets froze solid in under an hour! BRRRR bring in your pets!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Very good thread Christian!!!

This winter has been horribly cold the wind chills make it hard to be outside at all. That however does not stop Vendetta she is a going concern. She makes me stay out there for 20min and longer guys it has been around -25 -30 and then ad the winds it is like -50 and below brrrrrrrr.

This morning my water in frozen and I wanted to be to work by 6:30 am. Oh well that is life in Northern MN.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts