Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Overall doesn't look very American Bully like to me. I realized the XL is done by size, but still. Resembles an UKC APBT.

My point was is that dog is very tall from that picture.
Well they did say they are UKC APBTs, not ABKC American Bullys.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I think it's rather difficult to judge a kennel just by it's website. You need to actually go out and see the dogs in person and talk to the owner's of the kennel and ask a lot of questions. Do your homework first so your prepared to ask all the important questions you need to know before buying a dog from them. Find out what these guys do with their dogs besides breed them. I could never just buy a dog I haven't laid my hands on I need to see the dog in person and meet the parents that is important at least to me.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I think it's rather difficult to judge a kennel just by it's website. You need to actually go out and see the dogs in person and talk to the owner's of the kennel and ask a lot of questions. Do your homework first so your prepared to ask all the important questions you need to know before buying a dog from them. Find out what these guys do with their dogs besides breed them. I could never just buy a dog I haven't laid my hands on I need to see the dog in person and meet the parents that is important at least to me.
Word! Good advice, Sadie!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
:goodpost::thumbsup:

Definitely, it's easy to lie and hide things on a website.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
On one hand they say they are the original style APBTs and then they go on to say they have their own trademarked colour and that they have a trademarked lack of aggression. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the dogs themselves are fine and if you're looking for a UKC type dog then you could probably do worse but personally I think they have some misleading statements on their site.

And yes, Sadie is completely correct.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I took a look at the puppies, for whatever it's worth... they were blue. I'm not an expert, but aren't pretty much all 'blue' dogs AM Bullies ?
I do know there are classic and standard AM Bullies registered as APBT's.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
The color Blue is also very popular in the American Staffordshire Terrier as well as a Staffy bull terrier. Because the Ambullies do have staff and apbt blood in them that is how this color shows up in the American Bully gene pool as well. Not all blue dogs are American Bullies it can show up in staff's and while it's rare blue does show up in the APBT on occasion.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Haha, here comes the lock! But no, just because a dog is blue doesn't automatically make it an Am Bully. There are many threads on this topic.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Blue is also a very popular in the American Staffordshire Terrier color as well as a Staffy bull terrier. Because the Ambullies do have staff and apbt blood in them that is how this color shows up in the American Bully gene pool as well. Not all blue dogs are American Bullies it can show up in staff's and while it's rare blue does show up in the APBT on occasion.

Haha, here comes the lock! But no, just because a dog is blue doesn't automatically make it an Am Bully. There are many threads on this topic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I spoke with them and they were very nice. They do health test and temperament test before they breed with their dogs. They also asked me a lot of questions and that is a good thing. Before i buy a puppy i'll visit the kennel to speak the breeder personal and to see the parents.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Celestial88;415132 Well they did say they are UKC APBTs said:
Doesnt really mean anything my ambullys are UKC APBT as well :) check out the blood lines , if you can get them post them up. I think some of there dogs look am bully as well JMO

·
Registered
776 Posts
are you planning to show ? if so , a quick look at thier ped will tell you almost all you want to know . if you dont see alotta CH in there then nothing proven either way .
if your just lookin for a pet .. better alternatives.
honestly , a ped will tell you tons. ( with some help from the right people)

·
Registered
776 Posts
to me , the fact that they make a deal abotu the color and the fact that iots blue makes me wonder .. i shiver a lil when one of thier main points is that they are blue ...

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Doesnt really mean anything my ambullys are UKC APBT as well :) check out the blood lines , if you can get them post them up. I think some of there dogs look am bully as well JMO
Sorry didn't think my wording through. I realize American Bullys can be registered to UKC. I just said that to suggest they were leaning towards the UKC look that the ABKC look.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ya you canhave am bullys that conform to the UKC look as well it doesnt mean they are APBT 100% however being said we cant say they arent either, havig a look at the peds will help that question. as for the comment above saying you need to see CH is the names of the ancestors if you want a show dog I disagree. You may have better chances at producing show quality dogs from 2 proven dogs but even then they can throw pups that dont conform to the standards or have flaws where a breeding from 2 dogs who havent shown or havent got the CH title can throw a show quality dog. Look at the flaws and form of both parents when picking , there are alot of CH dogs out there with flaws so Id be more into looking at the parents and the actual pup then just decideing off of papers. again JMO.

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl
1 - 20 of 45 Posts