Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen the PMR calculators that tell you based upon your dogs weight, activity level how much protein, bone and organs etc they should eat.

How do I figure out how much meat is on chicken leg quarter vs bone? I don’t want to have to debone bone and separate everything.

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
I’ve seen the PMR calculators that tell you based upon your dogs weight, activity level how much protein, bone and organs etc they should eat.

How do I figure out how much meat is on chicken leg quarter vs bone? I don’t want to have to debone bone and separate everything.

The science of it is not necessarily per meal. You can have extra bone one meal and less the next. Leg quarters are the closest to the meat and bone ratio already whole. Also, every dog is different, so it'll be trial and error for awhile until you find what works best for your dog.
preymodelraw.com is a great source for information and where I started before feeding raw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The science of it is not necessarily per meal. You can have extra bone one meal and less the next. Leg quarters are the closest to the meat and bone ratio already whole. Also, every dog is different, so it'll be trial and error for awhile until you find what works best for your dog.
preymodelraw.com is a great source for information and where I started before feeding raw.
Thank you for the feedback!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1 - 4 of 4 Posts