Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
all the time...there was one story in here where the putbull supposedly ran past the cop and then turned back around and was running towards him and the cop shot the dog...i thought the cop was quick to react...i would imagine if the dog had intent to hurt the cop he would of ran at the cop first not past the cop

·
Registered
118 Posts
but i feel that as society we grant cops the right to make decissions on what to do that is best for his safety and for the safety of others...with my father being a cop all i could say is that i hope he would only use his gun if he felt that nothing else would be a better option

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I question everything. If they say a dog attacked a person be it a child or adult I always wonder did that person provoke the attack and the dog will pay the price for it. I question all cop shootings. I really can't think of anything I don't question.

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
Sometimes it's easier to see how things might have turned out in hindsite. When you're actually in the heat of the moment, everything seems a little more urgent and a little less clear.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
well it pretty clear to me that alot of cops like to shot things and given a excuse to do so alot of times they will,sad but true.a dog i cared for "tank" was shot by the police....

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
cane76 said:
well it pretty clear to me that alot of cops like to shot things and given a excuse to do so alot of times they will,sad but true.a dog i cared for "tank" was shot by the police....
I ponder that every time I hear of it...

Cane, If you don't mind me asking, why?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ericschevy said:
I ponder that every time I hear of it...

Cane, If you don't mind me asking, why?
well,his owner was a meth user,but a great person,he just had a major problem,tank was a puppy and the police busted in with a warrent and of course he was shot as well as another puppy,but he lived through it.he is a super tuff dog...

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that Cane Tank is a very handsome fellow. Yeah I do believe that there are alot of cops that just love the fact that they can soot and kill. There are a lot of people that have problems and stuff but that doesn't mean the police have the right to kick the door down and start shooting. What the H3ll is the matter with people anyways?

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
MY MIKADO said:
I'm sorry to hear that Cane Tank is a very handsome fellow. Yeah I do believe that there are alot of cops that just love the fact that they can soot and kill. There are a lot of people that have problems and stuff but that doesn't mean the police have the right to kick the door down and start shooting. What the H3ll is the matter with people anyways?
I agree. And yes it's sad, so many dogs get shot in the midst of these things. The poor dogs have to pay the price. This is a hot topic with many groups, with most feeling that law enforcement shoots to kill more than they should.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My feedback to Police shooting pitbulls.

First... ,... Thank you for you replies to this post ;I realized the more I here of this ,pitbulls being shot by police it gets to me and I think that the APBT neeeds a representitive agent or agentcee to investigate each, if not as many pitbull shoootings. When an APBT is shot by police it should be assesed (treated) as a possible "animal -cruelty case" . :cheers:

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
reversebluekennel said:
First... ,... Thank you for you replies to this post ;I realized the more I here of this ,pitbulls being shot by police it gets to me and I think that the APBT neeeds a representitive agent or agentcee to investigate each, if not as many pitbull shoootings. When an APBT is shot by police it should be assesed (treated) as a possible "animal -cruelty case" . :cheers:
Yeah, it should be looked into.

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
cane76 said:
well,his owner was a meth user,but a great person,he just had a major problem,tank was a puppy and the police busted in with a warrent and of course he was shot as well as another puppy,but he lived through it.he is a super tuff dog...
Did they have any reason for it? I can't imagine if he was just a pup...

·
Registered
744 Posts
I ponder on this issue all the time myself. Why not call animal control? Why dont cops shoot alligators and boa contrictors when their loose in someone's yard? They pose a threat and really dont take well to commands. I sometimes wonder if it's a combination of bad media press and trigga happy cops. Dont cops have other forms of protection? The mailman has mace. Dont cops? Not to mention tasers? There just has to be a better way!:stick:

Reactions: Judy

·
Registered
100 Posts
Agreed

reversebluekennel said:
I agree, I get so sick of hearing about a pitbull shooting but when cops have to put down another dog, they have to have a good reason, but with pitbulls, *well it came towards me and since I am trigger happy I shot it* and its left alone, makes me so dang mad

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
ericschevy said:
Did they have any reason for it? I can't imagine if he was just a pup...
I really dont think they had a good reason besides being all nervous and overly pumped up,they sued the cop and she was demoted to traffic attendent,man that dog has had so many run ins with the cops its unreal,hes the dog equivlent of a old school gangsta...a real o.g in the dog world...

·
Windbag Extrodinaire.
3,303 Posts
cane76 said:
I really dont think they had a good reason besides being all nervous and overly pumped up,they sued the cop and she was demoted to traffic attendent,man that dog has had so many run ins with the cops its unreal,hes the dog equivlent of a old school gangsta...a real o.g in the dog world...
Glad to hear she got demoted, at least something was done instead of nothing like what usually happens...Somehow, someway they always find means to justify it...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts