Go Pitbull Forums banner

Has A/C ever been called to your home because you own a pit (or pits)?

• Yes, more than once!

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Yes

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Other (please specify in a response)

Votes: 3 7.7%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has A/C ever been called to your home simply because you own pit bulls?

(I may end up using these results in a paper for school if enough people respond).

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes and I was put on a dog fighting watch list........
Wow, really? But you're a reputable trainer and breeder! Your dogs have been in movies and on tv, that is shocking to me!

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
yes.. but because diesel has gotten onto the neighbors yard a couple times

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
No shiz!! People will say and do anything if their hate is strong enough. I'm guessing it's cause she owns multiple dogs and conditioning tools. That is just stupid people need to mind their own business.
I myself have had animal control called on me a few times. Our next door neighbor was trying to tell them we train and fight out dogs just because of the spring pole in the tree. The other day I actually had a guy yell at me at the park and say he was calling the cops and AC on me for animal abuse, we were using the baseball diamond for WP practice.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I got backed up by my local AC but it is because of some of the people I got my dogs from are on the watch list too. Their yards got busted and they came after me. Good thing everyone knows me and what I do but still scary. I have about 22 dogs here and that is going up in the next few weeks so you could only imagine I get watched for that. However I have kennel permits that are done every year on my property and follow all the rules.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
LOL Lisa I am not surprised. I know they are like the lady with 20 bulldog's is on watch! I have never had animal control called on me. But I think everyone should be prepared for it to happen. If you own this breed you are a target for a lot of things guilty by association. Very sad!

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
LOL Lisa I am not surprised. I know they are like the lady with 20 bulldog's is on watch! I have never had animal control called on me. But I think everyone should be prepared for it to happen. If you own this breed you are a target for a lot of things guilty by association. Very sad!
very well said.
your pretty much guilty by association.
know your conditioning tools and be ready to know how to explain what they're for. i.e. springpole, flirtpole, mills

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
yes and I was put on a dog fighting watch list........
:goodpost::rofl: Im in that boat..

then the judge got me in court with all my retained knowledge letters of recomendation from the SPCA/city pound manager.. Judge was hacked; pay your court cost and go; verdict for the defendant aka ME .. LOL

Before that I was on JOplin watchlist; which the police witnessed my two males Hooch and turok fighting for over 4 hrs solid; it was on police record at Joplin I bragged on that forever cause the cops and ACO watched for the days lengths they were there 6hrs.. LOL then they watched me like a hawk... after a month or two they'd get calls and send me after my own dogs.. LOL

·
Registered
471 Posts
Lol its kind of a really funny story ,,,

So I live in the Detroit Metro area , well all my friends and I got puppies from the same litter so on the weekends we would all get together and hang out with our pups and what not . Well one night we were all at my house when we get a knock at the door . When I opened it I realized it was the police , this is a never a good thing in my neighborhood . I walked out on the porch to speak to him and there were three other cops standing there , when I asked him what was going on he told me that there have been calls from my neighborhood saying that I am fighting pitbulls in my back yard and breeding them . One person even stated they had witnessed that I had several bloody and injured dogs in my basement ,{ I have no basement } . I laughed when the cop told me all this , He wasnt very happy about it but the nerve of some people just make me giggle . Well I asked him if he would like to come in and see all the "fighting dogs" He was greeted at my door by 7, 9 weeks old puppies . Searched my house and chuckled himself as he was walking out . Later I found out it was our next door neighbor that had been calling , even though he has a pitbull himself he seemed to have a problem with mine . That was the last time they came to my house about my dog and that was almost a year ago .

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Yep many times. Never had any issues come from it though.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
not yet but i'm waiting lol

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Other. Animal control has never specifically come to our house because of the presence of pit bulls. AC did come to our house to seize our dogs after a bite incident when I was a teenager, but it had nothing to do with their breed. And the police were called to our home once when the neighbors said they thought were hiding a pit bull in our basement. (We had our Dogo at the time.) Its a long story that stems from some very bad neighbors.

·
15 wins 3 losses
461 Posts
It would be "other" for me as well seeing as how it wasn't related to my breed.

My old dog, Cuddles, an Amstaff/APBT mix killed my next door neighbor's cat in the middle of the night in our backyard. This cat was 15yrs old and declawed. My boy was in the prime of his life about 3-4 yrs old. Cat never had a chance. I felt bad about for my neighbor, but never held animosity towards him for calling the cops and animal control.

The cops came out first and my pops and I were in the garage with the door open when they rolled up. They asked to see our dog, so I just called him out and he kinda trotted over with his goofy face and hopped up on the patrol car window to say hi haha. The police were cool about it and when they heard about the cat's age and not having claws, they were sort of like "oh well"

My dog was pretty much on house arrest for 10 days. Wasn't allowed to go out in the neighborhood at all, no biggie. Only AC/police meeting I've had about my dog.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I was an ACO for 4 years (and hope to be again!!!), and we got calls regularly regarding pit bulls. Unless there was a valid concern like inadequate fencing, we didn't respond. And if we did, we didn't confiscate the dogs or anything. Unless we found an actual fighting pit with blood spatter, we didn't bother trying to persecute for dog fighting. I LOVED working there. Now, though, DE is trying to pass anti-tethering laws. FORGET that!

I did get called on a couple times while I worked there. One time, someone said I was training for fighting, because of my springpole. Next, the FIRE DEPARTMENT with their STUPID LOUD FIREWHISTLE that was right next door to us called in about my dogs barking at night. (They weren't) The people across the street called on me when they heard a foster great dane howling in his crate in the middle of the night. They thought I was beating him. (we were in bed sleeping!) And a couple calls about them not having water outside, because we kept it in the shed where it was cool, and not as dusty. Each time, they would call me laughing about the call. STUPID crap.

Anyway, it does depend on your A/C.. some really suck. Where I live now won't even respond to anything, really. And others are really strict, and out for a conviction.

I would recommend always keeping your rabies and licensing records on hand where your dogs are, and copies in your car. That solves SOOO many issues!

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I've had people threaten to because we weight pull, Dakota is "too skinny" an "malnourished"... lol sure, my vet loves us.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
I got backed up by my local AC but it is because of some of the people I got my dogs from are on the watch list too. Their yards got busted and they came after me. Good thing everyone knows me and what I do but still scary. I have about 22 dogs here and that is going up in the next few weeks so you could only imagine I get watched for that. However I have kennel permits that are done every year on my property and follow all the rules.
That sucks! But it's even sadder (if sadder is a word) ppl were actually busted with YOUR dogs. Good thing you do a co-own

1 - 20 of 21 Posts