Do you have a break stick?

• havent even heard about them

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing on teh forums about break sticks and honestly before I joined this forum I had never even heard of them let alone seen one. So to be honest we dont have one in our home but I am looking into getting a couple to keep around and to take on walks since we have had issues with off leash dogs here. I have to order on line since non of our petstores carry them but I was wondering out of everyone here who actually has one and uses them ?

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I don't have one, had never heard of one til I joined my first forum. (not this one) But I need to look into getting one. Anyone have any links that sell them?

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Yes, and it has come to use a cuple of times.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Angel I have a few scattered around the house ... Just incase they are like Fire Extinguisher's here .. Keep them on hand in case of emergency. Both my kids have been taught how to use them as well. Although I am the one who handles the dog's they still know what they are and how to use them.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I have them and have used them once. Normally I run in and grab collars. The one time when I used the breaking stick, it was a fence fight where one dog had a leg hold through the mesh, and the other dog couldn't get a grip, so I only had one dog to break off.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind do you get sadie? I see a few different designs from plexi {which I wouldnt think strong enough } to the wooden ones and the electric ones mentioned in the above link. Showing the kids how to use is a good idea { mine arent alone with the dogs and my youngest 2 are probably too young but my daughter could learn}.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I use the wooden one's. I had to break up a fight with my finger once as a break stick. It hurt like hell and I broke a nail in the process. So that's when I went a grabbed a few of them. I like these

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those actually look pretty simple to make, the boyfriend has tools im sure he could even make them then.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Yeah most people make them themselves and they are pretty easy to make if your handy with the tools. Always good to have them just in case. If you go to show's you should also take them. Even if your dog's aren't Da someone else's dog may be. So just take them with you as a back up.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ive broke up a few fights where it would have been nice to have a stick LOL.Yea we should have a few already but now is better than never.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yeah most people make them themselves and they are pretty easy to make if your handy with the tools. Always good to have them just in case. If you go to show's you should also take them. Even if your dog's aren't Da someone else's dog may be. So just take them with you as a back up.
I guess im making a few LOL.They had some @ the adba fun show we went to.Loki didnt really like the dog next to him i overheard somebody askin for one just in case.:)

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Every handler at the NZ shows has to have one on the the whole time through the day, its a great idea. except it sticking out my pocket like a dildo, Not sure if im alowed to say that word hahaha

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Every handler at the NZ shows has to have one on the the whole time through the day, its a great idea. except it sticking out my pocket like a dildo, Not sure if im alowed to say that word hahaha

:rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts