Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my 6 month old pup is getting out of control... HELP ME PLEASE!!!! Recently, maybe 3 weeks straight now, Legend's been poopin in his cage overnight. He doesn't poop when I walk him. I have him on a schedule, but it still doesn't work. It's like he waits on purpose til we are all sleep and I come out to a smelly house. He rolls in it, kicks it... I have a "special" dog. lol... Any suggestions? I mean, we are going to move in a week to a place where they'll be outside. THANKS!

· Registered
401 Posts
try not feeding the puppy late in the evening. If you feed him twice daily feed first thing in the morning then again in the mid afternoon. Also make SURE to take him outside right before you go to bed. Go with him and do not come inside until he does his business. Then make sure you let him out again first thing in the morning.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! :(

Legend's (and all my dog's schedule)

8am - walk/feed/water

9am - walk

3pm- walk/feed/water

8pm - walk/water

around 10, 11, or 12midnight (depending on when I get off) walk

I've been doing this since I got him...

Then I might be out for an hour or so before he goes... It's like he chooses to go in the crate. ALL my other dogs at least "tell" me they have to go out in their own ways. Goose sits by the door... Samiya barks... and Keylis (who is the oldest) just waits until I take her out on the schedule... Legend like to roll in it... eww!!! I bath him at least once or twice a week!!!! But, situation is about to be corrected I guess... He's about to become an outside pup...

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patch-O-Pits said:
What is his feeding schedule?

How big is his crate and how big is the pup?
Feeding schedule is above...

He is about 60 pounds. Not too sure how big the crate is, but just enough room for him to sit with minimal room between the top of his head and the roof of the crate. enough room to turn. Put it this way, if he poops he'll be right on top of it. I'm just upset he doesn't tell me. I know sometimes you have to go off schedule, but at least let me know!!! A bark, a whine, ANYTHING would make me happy. Then I wouldn't blame him, it'll then be my fault! I think it may be separation anxiety though, because my brother and his pup was going through the same thing. He decided to put his crate in his room and he had no accidents since... But with me, I don't accept separation anxiety. It's a no no in my books. When my dogs hear me enter and begin barking and whining, I don't acknowledge them until they quiet down. Then I begin to let them out one at a time, oldest first, to youngest. Beta dog (Cuz I'm the Alpha) first, on down... I go by the pack mentality.... Evverything is done in steps from high to low... I eat first they eat last, I enter doorway first they follow, etc...

· Registered
401 Posts
is there bedding in his crate???? if so I would take it out for a little while so long as he is using his crate as a bathroom. Also, I think there is some kind of spray you can get that is supposed to deter the dog from using the bathroom in a spot. Once the dog has used the bathroom in a spot they keep going to the same place b/c of the scent they have left on it. The same way dogs will usually go to the same spot outside if you let them......

Or maybe try feeding him just once a day around noon????????? Also, if you get up with them every day at 8, if it still very freshly laid??? Maybe if you get up a little earlier you'll catch it before it happens. Then you can retrain him back to 8:00am??????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.