Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's kinda doped up right now, cause I don't feel like hearing him run his mouth while we get hit with nasty storms.

Does that make me a bad pet owner? :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

(Little history, Beau has BAD panic attacks during storms. So to help take the edge off, I'll give him some benadryl. So rather then hear him freak out all night and bay every time it thunders, I take the edge off)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww poor boy , nah I think doping them up if they get that worked up over storms isnt cruel at all infact prob the opposite. especially the elderly dogs OMG our boston used to freak out in storms and hide in the bath tub lol he hates the bath tub any other time.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Poor little guy. If you're worried about him hurting himself during the storm then you're doing it for the right reasons. I don't think you're a bad owner at all!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Have you thought of getting him a thunder shirt. I hear they work wonders. I am not sure how well it works if it is a serious fear though. Some other's may be able to give you more insight on them.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Have you thought of getting him a thunder shirt. I hear they work wonders. I am not sure how well it works if it is a serious fear though. Some other's may be able to give you more insight on them.
Hmmm. I'm off to do some googling. I've never had a problem with my dogs in storms but this intrigues me...

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My friends dogs used to get so so scared and pee during storms (and didn't like being left alone for more than 2 hours or so and sometimes you need to go out for a bit, lol. The thunder shirt did wonders for her dog!!! Not like I think your wrong for trying to ease you pups pain with the drugs, just seems cheaper and easier to have the shirt lol.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's just some benadryl for him, and he's not a house dog, but I currently have him in a crate under the porch and he's fast asleep :D

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Muttkip bring that dog inside then drug him up and put him under your bed with a blanket LMAO!!! I am in Georgia too so we are getting hit now as I type Bogart and Ava are both in their crates on the side of my bed sleeping like babies. But no your not a bad owner for drugging the critter if he's that scared the benedryl will calm him down.

·
Silver VIP Member
2,261 Posts
better than him buggin out and loosin his mess.
one time,I had A situation,I used to walk my dogs late of the night,and my cocoa dog and rex boy.it was lightninin,and A bolt set down it's dagger close enough to me that it raised my hackles, an cocoa dog was closer to where it hit,she took off.I couldn't stop her.
so I went to the house and got A flashlight,then told rex boy to git that dawg,man,he bayed her up in 5 minutes. she was by the creek,at the spot where we would sit when I was drinkin and huffin the daks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts