Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i was on my way home from a friends house last night.. it has been raining for 3 days now.. i see a truck in front of me a lane over swerve.. i figured it was a big puddle because it was right outside my moms neighborhood thats flooded.. turns out it was a big a$$ rottie .. i was in the lane over so i went right past him, but the truck that was just behind me in the lane over had nowhere to swerve and if he slammed on his brakes he would have been rear-ended .. i was hoping the dog would get out of the way.. but no.. i hear a loud smack because i have my window cracked.. it gave me the chills and i had a sick feeling all the way home.. if the weather and traffic weren't so bad i would have pulled over and taken him to the side of the road and called the owner if he had tags... i feel so bad for it and the owner... the truck had to have been going 55-60mph ..

i kept thinking about my dogs on the way home.. :(

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
oh how sad, poor guy, alone and scared, RIP poor Rottie. SO sad :(

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
aww that is really sad, i hate that :(

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had i been the one to hit him i would have turned around and called the owner.. he just kept driving like nothing happened... pissed me off

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
ughh hate ppl like that, that was someone's pet, so wrong, so wrong, like the guy who's little weinie dog got hit in the street in front of my house and he was kicking it across the road cause it wouldn't let him pick it up, poor guy died and they replaced it with another like no big deal. ughhh sorry you had to see/hear that.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm glad i didnt see it... but hearing it isnt much better.. my fiance said "you'd call the owner?" like she wouldnt.. i told her "you would want someone to call us if one of our dogs got hit right?" she saw the point

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thinking about making a craigslist ad to let the owners know if they havent found him yet.. just in case they look for a found rottie ad there

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
yep I see the point too, is what I would have done

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Man this thread breaks my heart. Last Christmas morning I found a rottie running down the road. I took her in desperately tried to find the owner all leading to dead in and after over a month I had her vaced and fixed and rehomed her only to find out even though I thought I found the perfect family for her they had let her outside and she got hit by a car and died. She was a young pup and it was very sad for me. This just brought that back timing and all :(

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Oh my gosh, rip rottie. :( Hearing it is definitely not any better than seeing it. I was traumatized watching a deer get hit by a car who didn't see it, blew through it at 60mph+ and sent the deer flying through air, skidded across the hood of our car (we had stopped because the deer was in the middle of the road), and then off into the brush. I had to get out to make sure it was dead, thankfully it was. Can't imagine watching a dog get hit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts