Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I was just thinking with all the positive shows out about our breed if this will backfire on our breed?? We all know that animals in shows can start Fads were people just have to have the latest show animal...like the dalmations when that show come out everyone (or I should say all the irresponsible people) rushed out to get themseves a dalmation. Then guess what the shelters were over run with dumped off dalmations, becaus people said they arnt like the ones in the movies:mad: No its called very well trained!!! OOhh yeah then there are the ones that think its cute to get an "Easter Bunny" to put in their kids basket..then a few weeks or days later its like "Rabbit what Rabbit..We have a Rabbit?":mad::mad: Pet stores should be banned from selling robbits at Easter time and any other time of the year for that matter!! Then that guinea pig movie yeah the same thing everyone had to have a guinea pig...untill they realized they dont talk..really they dont, but the ones in the movie talked, and they did supper cool tricks...once again the stupid get pets!!!:mad::mad:and unfortunatly its those pets that pay the ultimate price!!!:(
I am just hoping that all this publicity does not open up the stupid and irresponsible to run out and get our breed, they have fell into the wrong hands far to often!!!:mad:
Bye for now
Angie

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Too late for that as they became a faddist breed nearly thirty years ago and unfortunately, their physical and mental quality has been on the downward slope for a while. Yes, people still produce nice dogs, but real breeders are few and far between. The biggest fad breed of all is the American Bully. It is in its infancy; however, it has been on the downward slope for a few years, which is disheartening. This is America though and we don't like being told what to do so all you can do is do it better than those who don't care.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi all
I was just thinking with all the positive shows out about our breed if this will backfire on our breed?? We all know that animals in shows can start Fads were people just have to have the latest show animal...like the dalmations when that show come out everyone (or I should say all the irresponsible people) rushed out to get themseves a dalmation. Then guess what the shelters were over run with dumped off dalmations, becaus people said they arnt like the ones in the movies:mad: No its called very well trained!!! OOhh yeah then there are the ones that think its cute to get an "Easter Bunny" to put in their kids basket..then a few weeks or days later its like "Rabbit what Rabbit..We have a Rabbit?":mad::mad: Pet stores should be banned from selling robbits at Easter time and any other time of the year for that matter!! Then that guinea pig movie yeah the same thing everyone had to have a guinea pig...untill they realized they dont talk..really they dont, but the ones in the movie talked, and they did supper cool tricks...once again the stupid get pets!!!:mad::mad:and unfortunatly its those pets that pay the ultimate price!!!:(
I am just hoping that all this publicity does not open up the stupid and irresponsible to run out and get our breed, they have fell into the wrong hands far to often!!!:mad:
Bye for now
Angie
from what ive seen we already have quite a few stupid and irresponsible people with pit bull type dogs. whether they be mongrel pit bull looking dogs, bullies, or whatever. i agree that these fad shows might make it even worse, thats just the nature of the beast. stupid people see something on tv and they have to have it. i dont think that there should be laws banning the sale of bunnies come easter, or anything else similar. i value my freedoms and i think the less government we have, the better.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Too late for that as they became a faddist breed nearly thirty years ago and unfortunately, their physical and mental quality has been on the downward slope for a while. Yes, people still produce nice dogs, but real breeders are few and far between. The biggest fad breed of all is the American Bully. It is in its infancy; however, it has been on the downward slope for a few years, which is disheartening. This is America though and we don't like being told what to do so all you can do is do it better than those who don't care.
this is sad but true. im 32 years old and i remember when i was very young there were still 2 people close by to me that maintained a really impressive yard of dogs. as i got older and on my own, i noticed that when i went out to get my own dogs there wasnt anyone around here that had anything decent. at the time i really wasnt aware of the BYB breeder issue, i just thought i was having bad luck. now i know that luck wasnt so much my problem as all these so called breeders breeding garbage animals over and over weakening our breed.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
unfortunatly the large amount of rabbits that are killed in the weeks fallowing Easter would in my appinion justify not selling rabbits at Easter time!! just becaus people think its cute to give their kids a bunny for Easter, its not cute rabbits can live for about ten yrs!! Not many people know this they are a big comitment..not the commitment people are willing to make when trying to make their kids Easter basket look cute, those "basket bunnies" will end up gotten rid of to whom ever will take them or dumped at the local pound or set free in the wild where they dont have the skill or know how to defend or fend for themselves!! No life for a rabbit!! I dont think it has anything to do with Government its about dont sell certain animals at certain times when thees animals are most likely to be exploited.
Yeah unfortunantly I do see our breed being in what I consider the wrong hands on a daily basis...those who go by my house and I have our dogs out in front so they can run and play, someone always goes by asking if we want to breed our male with there female..I tell them NO that if this is how they choose a stud for their female then I feel sorry for your female and you need to stop trolling for a stud and start looking for a vet to spay her that way its one less dog to add to the byb epidemic that this country has!! Yeah they dont like that comment but OOHHH well I speak the truth!! and to some the truth will hit a nerve!!! then of course they are not a byb and blaaah blaaah blahh so I just call Boom and Hope and we go in leaving the byb on the curb trying to proclaim his inocense that he is not a byb..I always say the guilty will proclaim their inocense the loudest!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
unfortunatly the large amount of rabbits that are killed in the weeks fallowing Easter would in my appinion justify not selling rabbits at Easter time!! just becaus people think its cute to give their kids a bunny for Easter, its not cute rabbits can live for about ten yrs!! Not many people know this they are a big comitment..not the commitment people are willing to make when trying to make their kids Easter basket look cute, those "basket bunnies" will end up gotten rid of to whom ever will take them or dumped at the local pound or set free in the wild where they dont have the skill or know how to defend or fend for themselves!! No life for a rabbit!! I dont think it has anything to do with Government its about dont sell certain animals at certain times when thees animals are most likely to be exploited.
Yeah unfortunantly I do see our breed being in what I consider the wrong hands on a daily basis...those who go by my house and I have our dogs out in front so they can run and play, someone always goes by asking if we want to breed our male with there female..I tell them NO that if this is how they choose a stud for their female then I feel sorry for your female and you need to stop trolling for a stud and start looking for a vet to spay her that way its one less dog to add to the byb epidemic that this country has!! Yeah they dont like that comment but OOHHH well I speak the truth!! and to some the truth will hit a nerve!!! then of course they are not a byb and blaaah blaaah blahh so I just call Boom and Hope and we go in leaving the byb on the curb trying to proclaim his inocense that he is not a byb..I always say the guilty will proclaim their inocense the loudest!!!
i can see your point on the rabbit thing but i still have to disagree. i wouldnt mind if pet stores took responsibility and decided not to carry them at easter but for some kind of ban that means the government would have to step in. to have the government step in on our personal lives on such a level would open the door for more laws to take effect, perhaps more BSL. i dont think people should be buying a rabbit for their children at easter time but i would defend their right to do so if they wished.

i get the same BYB type thing with my dogs occasionally, especially if the discussion gets a little deeper into bloodlines and such. when out walking my dog max i get people wanting to breed to him every now and then. not as much as you would think because hes not a big dog and doesnt look as impressive as those big blue bullies. i used to have a blue pitterstaff years ago and i couldnt count the amount of people who asked me to breed him. i have never once accepted anyones offer but i do try to decline politely.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The pet stores will never deicide not to carry the bunnies at Easter because of all the money they can make by selling them at that time of year. They don't care what happens to them after that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah true pet stores make to much off of selling rabbits at Easter the prime time for them. Just like our breed all we can do is try to educate people . There will be people that we will never be able to educate, like the BYB who will try to justify there breeding!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts