Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are looking to get a new pup...we have found a UKC reg.pup out of Razors Edge, I do not know much about the breed. So some input would be appreciated. Thanks

The male we want he is 8 weeks.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
First off what are you wanting to do?? Agility, shows, weight pull, dock diving....or just a house pet?? That makes a huge difference!! BTW he is a cutie!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
weight pull or show...I mean Jayda is our house pet, we want to actually do something with him.

·
Registered
776 Posts
ive never seen razorsedge dogs do anything impressive in WP
razors edge is a bully line for the most part ...
my advice would be to find a line that is good pullers if you wanna wp.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i just started reading up on it....they are slowly progressing to pocket bullies and thats not my type of dog...but their dogs and all of there previous off spring seem to be pretty good dogs. intelligent. Its mostly him...I am perfectly happy with my Jay...I don't really know what he is looking for...I do however adore this pup he is gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
its most likely an american bully but there are some very athletic bullys out there who can do wieght pull and the ABKC has now opened weight pulling in there registry so will probably start to see more of them in that now. Best bet is too look at the parents and see what there build is we have razorsedge in pretty much all our dogs and only of them is pocket the others are very athletic and can do weight pull no problem if wanted. { now can they compete up with the APBT's? i dont know , but it would depend where you want to weightpull if the ABKC works for you then that would be best bet}. Its a cute pup but basing an opinion of a photo isnt really an easy thing to do. have the breeders been doing anything with the parents? shows ? weight pulling? agility? have they health tested ? if looking for a potential dog to weight pull the hips and joints should be a big concern to you and finding parents who have been OFA or PENN HIP health tested AND passed with a good score would be a big factor when choosing a pup. Although the parents passing a health test doesnt guarantee the pups joints will be ok it deff gives the pup a better chance to have clean hips and joints. Best of luck in your decision.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
He is a beautiful pup....are you prepared for possible crate and rotate down the road? Just because they are the opposite sex doesn't mean they will always get along. Hopefully Jayda is spayed since she is a house pet? If you want a male and plan to do WP and show then he will obviously have to stay intact but having your bitch spayed will prevent accidents. I have also seen some athletic bullies that do well in WP. Depends on the size of the bullies, I personally like the classic size myself. If the breeder has a website post it up and then the "pros" can give you more insight ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very cute pup, definitely a bully. They do make great hosue pets, I prefer the original gamey APBT type but they are definitely not for everyone. Make sure you choose the right one for you, bullies are a great way to start as a house pet.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so much guys for all the input I will look and see about the website lisa...apparently they have a really good rep for this area but then again that may not mean much...

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
This guy has some drivey dogs, I personally think his dog's are very nice :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts