Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Lily was spayed this morning and ever since she got home has been in rough shape. She keeps puking up yellow, foamy liquid but refuses to eat or drink. She feels very warm... her gums are pink but should I start syringing her with water or powerade via the parvo method? She keeps hiding in her kennel and won't leave even if I open the door...but normally she hides when she has to go in there so this is very abnormal. I know spay surgery is much more intense than neuter...but I feel terrible like I could do more to make her comfortable or help her... she has pain meds but I can't get her to eat them with food... am I overreacting? Are these normal symptoms after spay?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
It can be normal after a spay and it sounds like she is in pain or just having a mild reaction to the anesthesia. Force a pill down her throat and do not force her to drink water just put her in her crate and lock her in. She should feel better tomorrow but lack of appetite is pretty normal after a surgery. Tomorrow if she is still queasy you can giver her a pill of acid reducer, just the generic brand is fine. It helps with the stomach acid and can keep her from throwing up. Again she should feel better tomorrow.

If she seems hot tomorrow take her temp and if it is over 101.7 then call the vet. Just let her relax and do not bother her too much other then to give her meds. Let her lay quiet by herself and relax.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Of course lol as soon as I post about her not keeping anything down she finally keeps the pill down. I hope she feels better before I go to work tomorrow...or atleast enough to eat and drink...today I couldn't eat at all from worrying so much :/

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
How is your pup feeling? I hope she is better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.