Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
gorgeous pups! Are they Dogo's? I have always wanted a dogo but live in the city and feel they would be too big for my home and .08 acre of a yard lol.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
potlickers... lol... my dad says that..

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you.
They are dogos.
Honestly they are not very good apartment dogs. To high of a prey drive for most people.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
I did some research on them and thats why I picked my boy instead :) He is much smaller and more a leash run/walk puppy than I found any information on the dogos. Especially since I saw a special a few months back and saw 4 work together take down this huge ass bull. WOW they are amazing and appear to be such great hunters.

maybe one day when I am rich and can afford to buy a house with a yard, and more than 5 rooms lol. There is someone in my neighborhood with one and he is always looking like he wants to get out and run and hunt for something! Feel bad for him in such a small house.

Great pups! What I have read differs in their DA though. Some sites say its there, but they like to hunt in packs so they rarely display it. Some say they can be around other dogs to but should live with humans without another one, but can be around other animals without worry, unlike a pit. Whats your experience with them?

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
A buddy of mine is getting a Dogo.. trying to talk him out of it... too much dog for him.. told him a bully would be better for him

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DA is in them.
Once they establish a pack they will jump on any other dog and they will often challenge each other. They take a strong pack leader and still have to be crate and rotated some times. When they hunt they will often work well together but back at the ranch...watch out.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
thank you :) thats what I was deducing, lol.

I pick my boy up sometimes when stupid humans think all dog should be friends. I could never pick one of those up, lol.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my smallest female is only 59 pounds but on average they weigh 95# males 75# females.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts