Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As alot of you know I got Chevelle earlier this week. She looks to be a couple of months old. We have been working hard on potty training. She has peed outside twice since I have had her and never went #2. She always goes in her kennel when I'm not there or she will come in after we've walked in the yard for an hour or ore sometimes (with her showing no interest in using the bathroom) and immediately go on the floor. Do you guys have any tips that you have used that help? I've never seen a dog that just will hold it outside so she can use it in the house.

· Forum Manager
4,902 Posts
put a bell that your pup can reach on the door you use to take your pup potty. every time you go take the pup potty ring the bell and say "lets go potty". keep doing that and in a few days your pup will register the ringing of the bell to go potty.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this is going to sound silly but I have to say it. She went number 1 & 2 outside this morning. I was so proud. She's learning to do good.

P.S. I know that was random but I wanted to tell some one

· Dare to dance the tide
12,407 Posts
Aww the proud parent!! :D

Once you get in the house watch her very closely if you see doing the usual stuff that she is getting ready to go potty grab her up and take her outside telling lets go potty the whole time. Once hse does go outside praise liek crazy. these dog thrive on praise so you need to act liek a mad man sometimes.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks yet again. This has become my most visited site on my phone and computer since I found you guys. It is nice to have people to talk to that are as enthusiastic about this breed and there dogs in general as I am.

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
I know this is going to sound silly but I have to say it. She went number 1 & 2 outside this morning. I was so proud. She's learning to do good.

P.S. I know that was random but I wanted to tell some one
You are to funny! LOL! I think that is awesome! Your pup is so lucky to have you :) She will get the potty training soon. I was spoiled when I got Bella....her breeder already had her potty trained for me :woof:

· Work them Pet Bulls!
3,950 Posts
Boy that must've been nice
Indeed! Her breeders have four adult dogs. Bella's mom, dad, and two older brothers from a first litter. I didn't get her until she was over 4 months old so that was the upside to getting an older pup ;) She would go out with the adults several times a day and caught on fast.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok the in the house accidents have all but stopped but she still messes her kennel on a daily basis. One day this weekend I had her outside with Sarge for a few hours. When I brought her in and put her in the kennel she pooped within 5 minutes. I'm kind of at a loss when it comes to the kennel.

· Registered
536 Posts
When she goes to the bathroom in the kennel, is she locked in there? Or does she go in there, do her business, and then come back out? That's kinda odd because most dogs won't go to the bathroom where they sleep... If she's just doing her business and coming back out of the kennel, I would say keep the kennel locked when she's not in it, and keep a close eye on her when she goes over to it looking to go to the bathroom and take her outside right away. If she's doing it while she's locked in there, I would try a slightly smaller kennel just for a little while until you can get her out of the habit. Either way, you just need to break the habit she has gotten into and that should help. That's my opinion, someone else might have a different idea about the kennel deal. Good luck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.