1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
cute puppies

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Puppys are always so cute, you have pictures of the dad?

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
good looking boy, are they abkc? any titles on the parents?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are UKC. No titles except for PR on Vegas. Haven't had either of them entered in any shows or competitions. If the sire was mine, I would definitely enter him in shows, he's amazing looking in person. I plan on keeping one of the puppies for that, though.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I would register them with the ABKC since there bloodlines show they are american bullys not APBT. You can show them in ABKC although { myopinion only} dad doesnt look to be show quality I dont really see anything special about him however that can be the pictures its hard to tell on pictures. But the bullys usually dont fit well in the UKC { there are a few exceptions} but generally they dont. I would look up the BBCR or the ABKC and read up a bit in the bully 101 section. The ABKC now offers weight pulling and a few other clubs offer other things like dock diving, agility , obed ect so there is always something you can do with your dog even if they dont fit in the confo classes at the show. Do you know which pup you are keeping yet ? male? female? Ilove that lil fawn with the blaze and that blue one in the last picture :)

·
Banned
319 Posts
cute pups how old are they? they kinda looks big lol.... big enough to be weened.

·
3,272 Posts
I would register them with the ABKC since there bloodlines show they are american bullys not APBT. You can show them in ABKC although { myopinion only} dad doesnt look to be show quality I dont really see anything special about him however that can be the pictures its hard to tell on pictures. But the bullys usually dont fit well in the UKC { there are a few exceptions} but generally they dont. I would look up the BBCR or the ABKC and read up a bit in the bully 101 section. The ABKC now offers weight pulling and a few other clubs offer other things like dock diving, agility , obed ect so there is always something you can do with your dog even if they dont fit in the confo classes at the show. Do you know which pup you are keeping yet ? male? female? Ilove that lil fawn with the blaze and that blue one in the last picture :)
:goodpost: ya I'd def get them registered ABKC and start freqenting some shows, talk to some experienced breeders, you may want to get in touch with Lauren i.e Pitbullmamanatl, she might be able to hook you up with someone that can help you out. It's kinda a late start but better late then never!

·
3,272 Posts
cute pups how old are they? they kinda looks big lol.... big enough to be weened.
i think the other thread says 4 weeks, may seem big cause there bully's?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That fawn male in the last picture is the one I'm keeping, and my fiance wants the blue male in the picture. Thanks for your advice! I will definitely start researching those other registries.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Hey, just so you know, PR isn't a title. It means 3 generations of dogs in the pedigree were UKC permanent-registered rather than single-registered. And since the UKC no longer single-registers APBTs, in a short time, every UKC APBT will be "PR." One of my dogs is PR and the other is not. I honestly don't even think about it anymore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hey, just so you know, PR isn't a title. It means 3 generations of dogs in the pedigree were UKC permanent-registered rather than single-registered. And since the UKC no longer single-registers APBTs, in a short time, every UKC APBT will be "PR." One of my dogs is PR and the other is not. I honestly don't even think about it anymore.
I know what purple ribbon signifies, I was just explaining that they don't have other titles. And Purple Ribbon means that 7 generations of ancestors are UKC permanent registered, rather than 3.

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Cute pups.... Agree with Digit though... Might be big enough to be weaned. What is the pedigree on them?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I know what purple ribbon signifies, I was just explaining that they don't have other titles. And Purple Ribbon means that 7 generations of ancestors are UKC permanent registered, rather than 3.
No it does not. 7 generations was years ago it is 3 generations now. Nothing more than 3 generations so nothing special and not a title.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
From the UKC's website:

Purple Ribbon: "Purple Ribbon" is a distinction UKC gives to a dog if all 14 ancestors within a dog's three generation pedigree (parents, grand parents, great grandparents) are each registered with United Kennel Club.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Whether I'm right or wrong, which according to the proof provided to me, I guess I'm wrong, this forum would be much more enjoyable if some of the people would practice more tact when responding to a post. Just because I'm new to the forum, I'm not an idiot. I may not know EVERYthing about ABPTs, Bullies, AmBulls, or what have you, but I would appreciate a more polite approach when anyone corrects me. I'm not sore about being wrong, I'm glad I was corrected so I can pass the correct information on to others. I am kind of sore about the way people treat me like I'm not in the "cool kids club" because I'm new. You catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar. Thanks for the consideration about that...

Anyway, their pedigree consists mostly of razor's edge, I can try to get it posted soon, for those who are interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By the way, in the picture of the dam with the pups, they were only like 2 weeks old, she has just had that look on her face since they were born, lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts