Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all i just recived a message from my mentor who owns a kennel in ok not pitbulls but workin border collies amazing dogs i spent the summer with him training them and i have an awesome story to tell and a sad one so here goes this is the good one b the way,
about 12 weeks ago one of the bitches who i set up the breeding had pups well one went missing at two weeks and my friend looked everywhere for it they r in kennels he owns quite a few dogs and has an exceptional setup on his ranch so he looked and looked for this pup for over a day and figured it might have been ate by the mother or pulled out by a hound well two weeks go by the other pups are now 4 weeks old and very helthy and thriving one day while cleaning the keenes he saw somethind run in a hole underneath the floors of the kennels they r wood slats 2 x 6s spaced a half inch for the floor well he reached into the hole and grabbed and out came the pup he had thought had been eaten it was very weak but still alive to this day we have no idea how the little pup survived we r thinkin on water that fell through well he added yogurt to his feed to supplement him and brought the litte guy back and he was thriving he had planed to keep this pup to trial, unfortunatly the little guy died this morning of parvo he has 4 others who have had their shots and caught it he is givving boosters to all today the other 4 that have it are to far gone and will be humanely euthinzed i ask that you lift up him and his family in your prayers. his young boys were really attached to the pup even thpugh their is 16 more puppies lol im sure they are going to take it really hard. this man has a wonderful kennell and does it all for the dogs annd his breed hi is an inspriation to me and helped raise me in a boys home if you could take a few minuits out of your day i would appreciate if you prayed for them thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
So very sorry to hear this!!! Parvo is a devistating sickness and so hard to deal with. Prayers are with him, his family, and his dogs.

How old are these pups now?? Have they been put on iv fluids or at the vets office?? Its so difficult to fight multiple cases!!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the 4 others that had it were too far gone to be treated the ramainder of his dogs a yr or younger have been given another 7 way so i hope it helps thanks again for your prayers

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
yeah I hope it works out poor pups! no good I am sure. fingers crossed for them to be ok!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts