Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all ive got an 11 month old english staffy and when she went on heat a few months back my next door neighbours staffy/bullterrier dug in and they got it on lol.
i couldnt keep her inside because my house is so small and i have a 7 month old baby and a cat inside.

so she is now very heavily preagnant and i have recently adopted a 4 year old female pitbull from my friend that moved town.

i know that dogs are preagnant for 63 days roughly but im not sure how far along she is exactly but has been acting weird so i have brought her inside for the night as i dont know how the pitbull is going to react with the pups.

im going to section off my backyard tomorow so i can seperate the pitbull and the staffy and pups but for now was just wondering if any one could give me some tips or some tell tale signs of how to know when shes gonna drop.

many thanks in advance and any help/info will be muchly appreciated

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
The first thig you shoud have done was had a spay/abort done. She is so young to be having puppies. Have you had her to the vet to see how she is doing? Does the vet think she can deliver the pups without complications?

Does she have milk yet? That is what I use the two times I have had a rescue here that is too far along to spay. Plus she should be looking for a place to have her babies( nesting).

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
hi all ive got an 11 month old english staffy and when she went on heat a few months back my next door neighbours staffy/bullterrier dug in and they got it on lol.
i couldnt keep her inside because my house is so small and i have a 7 month old baby and a cat inside.

so she is now very heavily preagnant and i have recently adopted a 4 year old female pitbull from my friend that moved town.

i know that dogs are preagnant for 63 days roughly but im not sure how far along she is exactly but has been acting weird so i have brought her inside for the night as i dont know how the pitbull is going to react with the pups.

im going to section off my backyard tomorow so i can seperate the pitbull and the staffy and pups but for now was just wondering if any one could give me some tips or some tell tale signs of how to know when shes gonna drop.

many thanks in advance and any help/info will be muchly appreciated
Ugh! I know what's done is done but seriously.....why would you leave a bitch in heat outside in the first place? Common sense should tell you she needs to be contained properly. Omg! So she is 11 months and got pregnant around 8 1/2 months roughly. Poor baby. I agree with Mikado. You should of had a spay abort done she is way to young to be a mom. Also, why can't you bring her and her pups inside for now once she has them. She is most likely going to need help nursing them and I hope you are prepared for that reality! You maybe feeding tiny pups with a bottle as well as your own child. Is your pit bull fixed? Two females wont get along so you are always going to have to keep them apart especially if they are both intact. I hope you have a chain link outdoor kennel to contain her in. I've heard of pit bulls climbing out of yards with 6 foot fences around them. Like I said what's done is done but be prepared for her not being a good mom to those pups. Don't mean to come across harsh it just irritates me to hear a pup having puppies and an owner who can't be responsible enough to avoid it from happening. Good luck!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
well im gonna fuss like everyone else because she is way too young.... how have her milk sacs developed??? you definately need to take her to a vet to see if she can have them herself.... before she drops she should start sliming/leaking.... and probly quit eating very much... and like was already said shell start nesting

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i know she is way to young and i feel extremely bad for letting her get that way but she got pregnant while i was out of town for the day and i didnt exactly know she was deffs preagnant til a few weeks ago after i caught the nxt door neighbours dog in the yard i sectioned off my porch to keep it out at night.

this is the first female ive owned so i didnt know you could get abortions for dogs?

i think she was looking for a place to have the pups so i brought her inside (she's in the laundry)

and just to be clear i didnt want her preagnant nor did i try to breed her it was an accident that i feel bad enough for as it is so please keep critisism to a minimum.

thanks guys

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
her milk sacs have developed well there actually quiet big.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
we always get one of those small hard plastic swimming pools for kids and put the dog in it with a sheet for her to have the pups in.... its big enough to keep her from laying on them and they cant squirm out of it.... thats good that she has but big milk sacs... probly a day or so before she has them shell quit eating.... if you know the day you were out of town then you should be able to add up how far along she is...

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
yeah i know she is way to young and i feel extremely bad for letting her get that way but she got pregnant while i was out of town for the day and i didnt exactly know she was deffs preagnant til a few weeks ago after i caught the nxt door neighbours dog in the yard i sectioned off my porch to keep it out at night.

this is the first female ive owned so i didnt know you could get abortions for dogs?

i think she was looking for a place to have the pups so i brought her inside (she's in the laundry)

and just to be clear i didnt want her preagnant nor did i try to breed her it was an accident that i feel bad enough for as it is so please keep critisism to a minimum.

thanks guys
This is my first female to....but I know better than to leave a female in full heat outside. A male dog can smell a female in heat 2-3 miles away. My girl will be under lock and key when she has her first heat as yours should have been. Accidents happen I know as we are only human :) at this point keep her inside and if you can get a plastic kids pool to let her whelp in that will help her be more comfortable. Put some old towels or blankets in it. She is going to need to be kept an eye on for sure. You may have to help her break the sacs and you most definitely may have to help her nurse. You need to get all the info you need to prepare yourself for the babies. You also should take her to the vet asap to be evaluated. She could have complications and I hope she will not need a C-section.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Has the dog been to a vet? This is very important. You need to know if your dog is abe to have these pups by herself. The vet will help determine this.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Here is a great website for whelping puppies read it and learn from it! It is basically dog breeding 101 for dummies.....

Whelping Puppies, Breeding Dogs

Make sure you keep the staffy bull and pit bull apart they will fight over the pups and then you will have a real problem.

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the help guys we appreciate it we have a vet appointment tommorrow morning to get evaluated any more tips will be very much appreciated.

thanks again guys. your great help i knew id find help on here and i was worried about what the vet was going to say i, a bit embarassed posting this as i know its a horrible thing to put my little baby through but accidents happen and its a little late now but i wish i posted this earlier then i would of known to get her spayed i feel so irresponsible and a wee bit dumb. :(

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
thanks for the help guys we appreciate it we have a vet appointment tommorrow morning to get evaluated any more tips will be very much appreciated.

thanks again guys. your great help i knew id find help on here and i was worried about what the vet was going to say i, a bit embarassed posting this as i know its a horrible thing to put my little baby through but accidents happen and its a little late now but i wish i posted this earlier then i would of known to get her spayed i feel so irresponsible and a wee bit dumb. :(
Live and learn :) just please get her spayed after she is done nursing the babies. Also get the pit bull done too if she isn't already. Sounds as if your neighbor isn't very responsible owning an intact male so best you be the responsible one and get your girls fixed ;)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts

gotta learn somehow... now you know not to make the same mistakes! good luck and let us know what the vet says!

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
change of plans i rang the other 2 vets in town and got her an appointment a 2:00pm today :)
ill let yous all know how we go as soon as i get home

thanks performanceknls that link is very educational.

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
change of plans rang up the other 2 vets in town and got an appt at 2:00pm today :)

and thanks performanceknls that link was very educational helped alot.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hope all goes good at the vet. Lesson learned!

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes lesson well learned.

so we went to the vet and he was happy that she's developing well and is healthy.
she has colostrum in her milk ducts and is fully dialated. weve got another appointment for friday arvo as this w/e is a long w/e if she hasnt had the pups by then the vet is going to try bring on the labour so if she has any complications shes at the vet instead of at home on the w/e while the vets shut.

i also worked out that she's around the 63 day mark today.

·
s3x drugs and el3ktro
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks again guys for all the info and help muchly appreciated :)

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
you better keep a close eye on her! im so glad everything went good! let us know when theres puppies!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts