Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
put this here since my little ninja isn't a pitbull

Oh my, guys this puppy, I tell you what.
At 6 weeks old she learned to climb a 4 foot gate to get out of her pen area. She was already started to “hunt” her toys like seriously if you drag them slow enough she will hunch down moving with nothing but a predators slowness until she gets close enough and you drag it fast and she will sprint catch the toy and shack it good enough to breaks it neck if it had been a rat/rabbit or what have you.
At 7 weeks she is fast enough that I have to straight Run to keep her from catching me no fast walk or jog ohhh no I have to buck and she will prob be able to catch me within another week or so. She has learned how to use just her front paws and her strength to lift herself up out of a tub that is high enough she can just put her head over the left if she stands on her back legs and stretches as far as she can, barley can get her front paws up there but she will pull herself up by nothing but toes alone.
Now 8 weeks I have since moved her to a nice 42” kennel since the 4” gate and tub have failed and it fits her puppy pads food water and bed perfectly but then this morning here comes a tug at my bed as the little bugger is trying to climb into bed with me!!!:hammer:

So only 8 weeks 4lb and she climbs, runs, uses her pretty decent strength to her advantage, hunts and picks locks! Tell you what if I where a criminal I could put this [email protected] dog to good use lol as it is… I have a long 18 yrs ahead of me! :p

i will try to get more pics and possibly a vid later

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lmaoooooo, she is totally living up to her name PK is awesome, oh Aireal, I bet she is gonna be a super awesome girl, I am lovin ehr personality already :D

·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya she totally fits in with the big girl the little demon lol, if i could just keep the little brat contained, shoot if she where perfectly puppy pad trained i'd leave her loose but i think i have awhile before i can do that!

how long does puppy pad training take anyway?

David that question was for you lol

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
lol, good luck with the puppy pad training ;)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
WHich David ? lol Btw I want to see video of the little devil

·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you duh!!! lol i will get right on that :D

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
What is your routine with the pee pee pads and stuff?

·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so if I am asleep or gone for work she is in a kennel that is just big enough for her pee pad, bed and food and water, she will use the pad then because you know they whole don't pee where you sleep thing, and I have but am getting lazy about if she takes a nap with me as soon as she or I wake up I put her on the pad till she will pee and tell her good dog ect. (lately just been waking up and bring her outside)

When I bring the big girls out she goes with us and will pee poo immediately (normally) outside before playing with her sisters.

I will not lie sometimes I get lazy and if I catch her about to go I will bring her to her pad but if she will not go I will just put her in the kennel with the bed and pad as I know she will use it if I just leave her there but I don't know if she is getting "oh I have to use the pad' as much as "that beia just left me!!!"

bleh obviously the goal would be for one day her to be able to roam and just use the pads or hell hold it till I can come home and bring her outside (oh course I know she is way to young for that) but I dunno!

·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
common David help me out before the wife steals you from the site for the weekend!!!!

·
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
weekends over david still waiting *taps finger* lol jk

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Sorry girl I was away ok let me read what you wrote :)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
I think you want to stay very consistent with the pee pee pad usage. Every dog will be or poop as soon as they hit the grass for the most part. Most dogs want to mark their scent and stuff.

i can tell you that peanut is 100% pee pee pad trained, it was a lot of work but it was just a routine with rewards.

You have the basic idea about the pee pee pad usage but basically, you want to put her on it as soon as she wakes up from a nap, sleep, or as soon as she is done exercising. As soon as that dog pees or poops on it you want to reward her like she won the lottery baby talk, and treats. Make sure she knows she did an awesome thing by using the pad.

When you feed her, if you are not freeding her, crate her for 10 minutes and keep a close watch. Immediately take her to the pad and wait for her to poop or pee. If she is not going immediately get a paper towel wet it with warn water and rub her butt(i know this sounds gross) but this will stimulate her to poop. Once again the second the pellets come out reward her like crazy. If you can't watch her, crate her or have her on your lap. If she starts getting anxious, licking you a lot, staring at you a lot or crying that means she wants to potty. Make sure that you stay consistent, I would also use a pee pee pad frame taht holds into place, another gross thing you can do that will help her remember to use the pad is to smudge a little bit of her urine from the old pad when you change it to the new one. This way she will smell her urine and will keep coming back to it. When cratin also try to have a schedule so she gets a routine on sleeping but you do not want to keep her in there for too long either.

Let me know if you need anything else :) oh by the way, everytime she is about to use the pad make sure no other dogs are harrassing her or going near her during this time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts