Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it runs of risk of bringing some "unwanteds" in here, but for the most part, I have seen a lot of people that have photo albums of them and their dogs, and a lot have been pit bull, bullies, and mixes. I think its a way for us to reach out to all ages that use myspace...

I have a band profile, and have around 10K friends... So when I post a bulletin on there, it's easily accessible by that many people.. I think if I posted the site logo with the link to it, it could bring in more traffic. What do you guys think?

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
I've debated on whether or not to do it also. I think only 5 or so of my friends on my myspace are not about the dogs. If we did this we will get slaaaaammed with new members. I guess we should vote on this... As Staff and Regular members... Staff members, are we ready to take on the uneducated myspacers, and members are you ready to deal with it all?

Also, should we set up myspace and or facebook accounts for this site period or let people find it by word of mouth?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Personally I think it’s a good idea. I’m sure you will get quite a few jackholes, but they’ll get themselves wacked with the Ban Stick quickly. If gp.com helps to inform or helps correct an issue for just one person from myspace it would be worth it; and I’m quire sure it will be more than just one.

P.S. Same goes for promoting gp.com on Facebook.

·
Good with tools
9,786 Posts
Bmoretrue has a facebook already for GP. and I think Roxy is a part of that too. If the members vote on it then lets do it. Oz will you handle this?

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I've debated on whether or not to do it also. I think only 5 or so of my friends on my myspace are not about the dogs. If we did this we will get slaaaaammed with new members. I guess we should vote on this... As Staff and Regular members... Staff members, are we ready to take on the uneducated myspacers, and members are you ready to deal with it all?

Also, should we set up myspace and or facebook accounts for this site period or let people find it by word of mouth?
Then you might need more staff for the uneducated LOL

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See that was my concern. The staff would have to step up a bit just to make sure that the site remains on top of things, but I agree that changing one point of view makes a difference.... I'm excited...

·
Premium Member
1,826 Posts
I would def be a fan on Face Book LOL

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I think its a great idea to bring in more people, however we will have a large majority of people that need serious education. Many people have pets and are on myspace, but there is alot of puppy peddling going on there.

I have 347 friends and like 7 of those are my friends the rest are pitbull/bully/dog people and 90% of them breed and I think there are like 5 who now what they are doing with breeding.

We would have to way relax our breeding lectures and give people some time to understand.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
I think we need to do it. I think we also need to have a clickable link on our personal myspaces and facebooks. The more we reach the more we can change the outlook on these animals. I agree with Holly about the breeder discussions to help people get their feet in the door. Myyy dilema is, where do we draw the line on that topic because I know it's going to be a big part of our new surplus of members.

Edit:

I think we should have a contest for the myspace backround photos. People can make up different graphic designs or plain ol sumbit their dogs photos. Maybe we can switch up the backround once a month or every few months.

Reactions: redog

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Myyy dilema is, where do we draw the line on that topic because I know it's going to be a big part of our new surplus of members.
I think unless they are WAY over breeding, Breeding dogs seriously misproportioned, unhealthy or un cared for dogs, we would have to ease up, state our opinion and just let it be.

There are alot worse of breeders out there than ones that just don't health test or titles there dogs. Those are things that can be worked on and taught about.

Alot of these people may just need some guidance about getting into events and proper breeding ethics. Also being around people with higher standards can often raise other peoples standards.

I also think its a good idea because people might meet people here from there area and feel more comfortable getting out to events when they know someone will be there to help them out.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts