Go Pitbull Forums banner

Protection work

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Blueindian 
#1 ·
Maybe im in the right place didnt see protection anywhere else!! I was wondering if anyone works there dogs in protection or knows someone who uses apbt for protection work? I'm really interested in obedience an protection work!

#3 ·
Personal protection/police k9 work? Mrk9.com or search on YouTube for mrk9 personal protection work! I hope I'm not being misunderstood I don't mean to make them human aggressive!!!! I just saw where some people are using them in k9 work! By no means do I want an aggressive dog towards anyone or anything!

#6 ·
Yeah hold on! I would stay far away from any protection work with an apbt. I'm not gunna knock anyone but the last thing anyone wants is an apbt that is willing to bite people. I won't encourage it here. Shutzhund on the other hand is more like it for the average dog and owner. There is bite work but its focus is on the sleeve not the person. Do research and even find a local club to go check out. I'm sure you can find some good stuff on YouTube. I've got some good footage of performance kennels siren working it at a club up by me.

#7 ·
I have been doing some research on it an most of what I have been looking at is bite work with a sleeve! Not a full on attack on the person! An a lot of obedience on an off lease! The website I referred to earlier mrk9.com does a lot of obedience work first then the sleeve! You can also find him on YouTube he has a good video on there it's about 10 min long with two diff dogs one in the early stage an the other quite a bit more advanced!

#12 ·
Ok we'll I'm sure you might know this but there are two mrk9s on YouTube!! One of which seems to be very professional! With what seems to be very good trainers who know what there doing! The video I watched it looked like they where at some sort of organized dog competition! An were very professional! Then there's another one I found that looks like a couple of thugs with some half trained dogs in a park! The guy looks like he has a towel around his arm for a sleeve! Neither "trainer" looks like they have a clue of what there doing! One telling the other what to do while the dog is all over the place never making a good clean bite an hold!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.