Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a window that faces the gated side of our house behind our bed. A few nights ago Kai was on the bed staring into the dark of the window and no matter what I couldn't get his attention from the window. Finally he let out a really deep bark and he tried to jump up on the window from the bed. He did about four more of these barks which I was shocked because I have never heard him do a "alert/warning" bark. He is seven months and I have only ever heard him do a "play" bark. After a while I realized something might be back there and I turned the light on but nothing was there and I showed him that nothing was. Well today my aunt noticed that on our side of the house a piece of wood she uses to block the bottom gap in the side fence was moved as if someone went under it. Its a huge piece of wood that wind cannot move, only a person. Now im not sure if that same thing happened that same day Kai was alert but I sure am relived to know I have a dog that would alert me! :) Proud momma. :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good Boy Kai! Isn't it nice to have our pets to let us know when the sense someone isn't right? I always bounce up and check to see what's going on when the dogs start barking.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
awwww good stuff! I love that Mel alerts me when people are at my door or around my house. Its the evil possum or skunk or raccoon warning I can do without hahaha YAY KAI!!! How cute he is growing up, I jumped the first time Mel did a bog pup bark. SO FUNNY! lol

Reactions: American_Pit13

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Boy Kai! Isn't it nice to have our pets to let us know when the sense someone isn't right? I always bounce up and check to see what's going on when the dogs start barking.
Yes, very nice! I have a maltese back home that stayed with my family when I moved, she barked at everything! It drove me nuts because it was excessive, but I loved that I always knew she would alert me if she heard a strange noise! :angel:

awwww good stuff! I love that Mel alerts me when people are at my door or around my house. Its the evil possum or skunk or raccoon warning I can do without hahaha YAY KAI!!! How cute he is growing up, I jumped the first time Mel did a bog pup bark. SO FUNNY! lol
I actually did jump when he let out his first deep warning. lol I didnt expect him to be that startled by something out the window! My aunt has a Schnauzer and she barks like crazy when she see's a cat or any kind or rodent outside. She just wants to go do her job and chase it down haha. Such good dogs we all have :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
My little dog outside in the dog pen barks at everything. But she has this one particular bark that is her 'HEY SOMEONE IS OUT HERE!' and a 'OMG VERMIN!' bark and it's usually time to crawl outta bed and see what it is. Also When Koi (dog outside) barks a particular way, Snow will jerk her head towards the window and stare at it and sometimes starts growling and barks too. Thats another clue I need to check what is outside.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
That's great that Kai is coming into his own now! Mine have several different barks around here. There's the always happy "Mama's home" bark, then the play bark, and the "I heard a strange voice" or "I saw someone who ain't supposed to be there" bark. My boy Roller has one other significant bark "That idiot that we don't like is around again" bark lol. I have a "tenant" that myself (as manager) and the landlord are in the process of evicting (long legal process), and Roller hasn't liked him since he first came to live here and has a special growl/bark just for this guy.

We have new tenants in the two downstairs apartments, and the dogs are getting used to their voices, but they still alert me when they hear them, as if to say "Mama, those people are here again" lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Good job Kai!! He's looking out for you. :)

Ecko is my silent protector. He only barks when I ask him too, or he is working the flirt pole.
He only barks if his silent charge is stopped. (fence or end of leash) Then I think it's more frustration then warning.
Ecko was fully prepared to END the FPL guy when my GF was outside and he didn't acknowledge her. Ecko was also fully prepared to shred a scarecrow that someone had left in theire front yard a month after Halloween last year. I didn't say he was smart. LOL!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Lol at shredding the scarecrow! Our dogs aren't always the brightest, but I still think they're the best!

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
Oh, absolutely. I feel safe from attacks by things made of straw now. LOL!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
LMAO! I feel safe from the shadows with Roller around. He's obsessed with chasing and attacking shadows. I hate having to sit in the dark to keep him calm, so it's something we're working on, but he does his best to protect me and the kids from the shadows, while Ices just wants to get him, lol.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Good job Kai! That's the way to do it. :D

Odin barks when he here's something at home too. We like to be warned in the middle of the night, my neighborhood isn't the best. So that's a good thing. Its a real bark too, run to the door, neck and back stif, ears forward and tail straight... prolly would scare anyone back down the driveway. And then other times he has a real whiney bark when he doesn't get what he wants. Oh and the floaty rafts in the pool made his hackles come up when they "moved on their own".

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Oh, absolutely. I feel safe from attacks by things made of straw now. LOL!
BAHAHAHAHA can see him totally all proud pup walk if he did too! lol

·
Premium Member
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ecko was fully prepared to END the FPL guy when my GF was outside and he didn't acknowledge her. Ecko was also fully prepared to shred a scarecrow that someone had left in theire front yard a month after Halloween last year. I didn't say he was smart. LOL!
Lmao I love it. One time a branch from the palm tree in our yard fell down and kai was so afraid of it. I made him explore it so he can learn not to be so afraid. WHen he approached it all of his hackles stood up from the top of his body to bottom. lol Dogs can be so silly!

That's great that Kai is coming into his own now! Mine have several different barks around here. There's the always happy "Mama's home" bark, then the play bark, and the "I heard a strange voice" or "I saw someone who ain't supposed to be there" bark. My boy Roller has one other significant bark "That idiot that we don't like is around again" bark lol. I have a "tenant" that myself (as manager) and the landlord are in the process of evicting (long legal process), and Roller hasn't liked him since he first came to live here and has a special growl/bark just for this guy.

We have new tenants in the two downstairs apartments, and the dogs are getting used to their voices, but they still alert me when they hear them, as if to say "Mama, those people are here again" lol.
It sounds like you got yourself the perfect alert dog! lol :) Its good to let people know your dogs are alert too so strangers dont get any funny ideas!

My little dog outside in the dog pen barks at everything. But she has this one particular bark that is her 'HEY SOMEONE IS OUT HERE!' and a 'OMG VERMIN!' bark and it's usually time to crawl outta bed and see what it is. Also When Koi (dog outside) barks a particular way, Snow will jerk her head towards the window and stare at it and sometimes starts growling and barks too. Thats another clue I need to check what is outside.
Isn't it cool that they have so many different barks and that we can tell them apart? I love it. :) Dogs are the best!

Good job Kai! That's the way to do it. :D

Odin barks when he here's something at home too. We like to be warned in the middle of the night, my neighborhood isn't the best. So that's a good thing. Its a real bark too, run to the door, neck and back stif, ears forward and tail straight... prolly would scare anyone back down the driveway. And then other times he has a real whiney bark when he doesn't get what he wants. Oh and the floaty rafts in the pool made his hackles come up when they "moved on their own".
Lmao "moved on their own" sometimes its funny to see such "intimidating" dogs like pit bulls get scared of things like shadows or moving floats in a pool. Just proves they aren't the monster people claim they are! lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My dora is greatest protector and my close friend who helped me a lot in making my home free from all the tense of strangers and he always takes good care of my gardens and my family. He has been a good member of my family.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Lmao "moved on their own" sometimes its funny to see such "intimidating" dogs like pit bulls get scared of things like shadows or moving floats in a pool. Just proves they aren't the monster people claim they are! lol.
thats a good way to put it Kai. i just thought it was funny to watch just cuz a dog is barking at floaties lol. but thats a good point how much of a monster can he be if hes scared of a blow up raft? ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts