Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 year old blue and a red. Completely different body types, dozer ( the red one) is the shortest strongest out of the two. Dozer can pull a little under 3 tons and Lola is at about 2 tons. Can someone please tell me how they work there dogs out because it seems like were stuck. Also, what did u make, use for your home made practice work out sled. Mine sucks and I need a change. The dogs deserve it. I was almost arrested the other day for dozer pulling an avalanche loaded with a pallet of cinder blocks. Thought it was cruel. Dozer loves it. Guy was a douche, he had a bsl bumper sticker on his patrol car. Douche.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Drag Sleds

And I do long drags with my dog, several laps around a large area and let him cool off. (I do warm ups first, walks, etc.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinkin about that and they want like $70 to buy it then paid to het it shipped. Lola has been doing it a long time bit dozer only about a year. I took him.from some no good thugs tryin to make money and treating him like ****. So it took about a year to rehabilitate him, now he is ready, very. Do u use supplements or any other work out techniques? On off days we put water bottles in there vest bit other than that I don't know. My dad used to chain them to a weight and increase as it got easier. That was 24 hours a day though. I don't know about all that.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
training

like all cardio intense work outs....for most efficacy try them swimming laps

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
I would suggest working on the dogs cardio a bit, getting them to know that they can pull what is behind them is key. Find a nice weight the dog can do very well for a few weeks and build confidence. Slowly increasing your weight over months will build endurance in the muscles, and confidence in the dog that is enjoying what its doing :) making sure they get rest days will rebuild the muscles and fed correctly, obviously:)

There are also many other threads you could read in this section that could give you some ideas!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
776 Posts
I was thinkin about that and they want like $70 to buy it then paid to het it shipped. Lola has been doing it a long time bit dozer only about a year. I took him.from some no good thugs tryin to make money and treating him like ****. So it took about a year to rehabilitate him, now he is ready, very. Do u use supplements or any other work out techniques? On off days we put water bottles in there vest bit other than that I don't know. My dad used to chain them to a weight and increase as it got easier. That was 24 hours a day though. I don't know about all that.
muscles need time to recover .. thats not a good way

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
we use tires and the jenny mill... different size tires for different dogs :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
how old should the dog be b4 starting that my pit cross mastiff is 7 1/2 months should i go get a weight harness now or wait till he is about a year old?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts